Are you interested in applying Econometric and Machine Learning techniques to solve business problems in the world’s most scientific oriented HR organization?
The Research and Applied Science team within Employee Services Tech is responsible for developing scientific solutions to increase the efficiency and quality of services provided to Amazon’s growing workforce. This includes forecasting demand, analyzing the causal impact of new events and policies on our services, and building automated solutions using state of the art machine learning and natural language processing techniques. As part of this team, you will work with other Economists, Applied Scientists and Engineers to constantly innovate on behalf of our employees.
We are looking for motivated economists with strong analytical skills who desire to work at the intersection of economics, machine learning and operations research. Applications include causal inference and correlation analyses to understand the impact of different variables into our operations, and to help determine the optimal allocation of resources across our different service areas.
As a Senior Economist you will solve complex problems and partner with other scientists and stakeholders to design the next generation of algorithms to drive the optimization of Amazon’s Employee Services. You will continue to contribute to the research community, by working with economists and scientists across Amazon, as well as collaborating with academic researchers and publishing papers (www.aboutamazon.com/research).
What you'll do:
· Build causal analysis models to determine the impact of new services, programs, or events on the organization’s service demand and the experience of employees across Amazon
· Conduct and coordinate process development leading to improved and streamlined processes for model development.
· Work closely with Product Managers to expand the depth of our service insights with data, and determine the highest-impact projects to include in planning roadmaps
· Providing technical and scientific guidance to your team members
· Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from science, engineering, and business backgrounds
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
** Open to considering talent in virtual locations in the USA as well. **
· PhD in Economics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research.
· 3+ years of experience in analytics
· Track record in performing high-quality analysis of big data
· Experience incubating new analytic approaches working closely with research scientists, economists, software developers and product managers from conception through implementation.
· Proficiency in R or Python, and SQL
· Research or work experience in applied microeconomics .
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
· Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Strong research track record.
· Written and verbal communication skills to convey complicated processes and systems to business partners and senior leadership.