At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Transportation Engineering Services as an Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) Program Manager
The I&D Program Manager will be a results-oriented and resourceful individual who is capable of quickly taking control of their responsibilities and establishing themselves as a credible strategic partner. The individual has demonstrated skills in the following areas: program and project management focused on outcomes; data and situational analysis; cross group coordination across all levels of the organization; excellent oral and written communications. Multi-national or global work experience and tech and /or front line based industry experience or familiarity with corporate and front line dynamics a plus.
Inclusion & Diversity
· Build strong relationships with senior business leaders to develop a deep understanding of the business and increase awareness and understanding of I&D as a critical business imperative, and drive the key pillars of the global strategy into relevant initiatives.
· Regularly measure and analyze, highlight areas of strength and weakness, providing consultative support to identify opportunities, interventions, and initiatives for improvement.
· Acts as an I&D subject matter expert by contributing perspective, insights, and knowledge, and taking a balanced consultative and systemic approach to enable the organization to capitalize on I&D for global success through strategic and tactical/operational execution.
· Provide leadership and coaching, when appropriate, to managers via one-to-one and group interactions.
· Recognize and respond to regional needs by providing tailored strategies and solutions to enable appropriate cultural awareness and change.
· Engage in the identification of diversity best practices and benchmarks as input to designing and implementing initiatives.
· Develop effective engagement with leaders including facilitation, presentation, negotiations, and influencing skills.
· Provide direction and leadership to TES team related to strategically integrating and operationalizing I&D into the business, front line, and data/information systems.
· Represent TES in diversity strategy efforts, ensuring awareness, involvement, and contributions as appropriate.
· Drive cultural change in support of TES ability to attract and retain world-class diverse talent and to be responsive to customer’s needs.
· Design and pilot programs to retain and develop diverse talent with ability to measure thru metrics and other methods.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy and improvement opportunities.
· Strong program and project management skills, and ability to operationalize and scale programs.
· Consistently and effectively leads project management and creative program development across a variety of mediums.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and ambiguity.
· Attention to detail and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude are required to manage the variety of responsibilities and deliverables.
Cross group coordination
· Experience and credibility as an individual in an environment where the ability to influence, work across a complex matrix, and build relationships is critical.
· Influences others without direct authority to achieve solutions to meet organization’s objectives, and is proactive in providing solutions, resolving issues and overcoming hurdles to results. Effectively collaborates with partners to resolve.
· Ability to motivate, influence and optimize senior leadership, stakeholders and peer groups.
· A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals to engage team, peers, and management.
· Strong interpersonal awareness and skills with particular emphasis on assertiveness, supportiveness, confrontation, listening, and group process. Also a keen understanding and awareness of their own diversity and how it impacts and influences their role in I&D.
· Drive program objectives through program management and defined project plans; manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support.
· Scale services and tools by designing processes and procedures that scale with the business’ growth in volume, complexity, and global geographic dispersion.
· Define key performance indicators by developing metrics for core programs and processes, and track delivery against program objectives.
· Communicate new/updated programs, policies, and processes to leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations.
· Manage strategic, significantly complex and important initiatives that resolve critical and/or endemic challenges. Identify risks/opportunities in strategies and/or org structure(s). Effectively force multiplies
· Bachelor’s degree
· 3+ years of experience working specifically in Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) work
· Program and project management experience
· Passion for diverse talent attraction, retention, development and inclusion
· Global program management experience preferred
· Strong program and project management skills including the ability to operationalize and scale programs
· Consistently and effectively leads project management and creative program development across a variety of mediums
· Manage multiple priorities and ambiguity
· Attention to detail and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude are required
· Motivate, influence and optimize senior leadership, and stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.