Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 175 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
AWS is seeking a Customer Solutions Manager (CSM) to engage directly with customers and help them realize the immense benefits derived through migrating to the cloud. This role is focused on accelerating the customer cloud journey, maximizing customer value, delivering a frictionless experience, and ensuring our customers capture the full potential and sustainable business advantages of migrating to the AWS cloud.
A CSM facilitates migration initiatives and utilizes their technical acumen, program management, organizational change management, and communication skills to influence a broad range of multidisciplinary teams - aligning sales, solution architecture, support, product, professional services, and partners to optimize customer outcomes. A CSM works with customers and AWS stakeholders to define strategic roadmaps, break them into actionable initiatives, define scope, capture and track business and technology success criteria, identify appropriate resources to execute complex technical and organizational change management plants, set goals, track and report progress, develop schedules, and communicate at all levels to deliver results. CSMs assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business value. A CSM evangelizes on behalf of AWS and influences customers at an executive level to allocate appropriate resources to achieve goals. In the end, the CSM role is responsible for the alignment of cloud transformational programs (technical, operational, organizational, and educational) that span traditional IT teams and business units, to accelerate our customers’ journey to the cloud.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You should bring a cool head, extensive technical background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary verbal and written communicator. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence your team’s decisions and help us drive robust customer solutions. We are passionate about people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and contributing to a team goal.
The successful candidate will:
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of an organization
· Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing, to unlock opportunities for customers
· Possess a strong background in change management and incorporating organizational change best practices seamlessly into project delivery
· Accelerate customer adoption through education and engagement
· Assist customers in identifying use cases for priority adoption of AWS as well as best practice implementations
· Assist in developing long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
· Manage time efficiently, meet personal goals, and work effectively with other members of the sales and marketing team
· Travel moderately as necessary
· 7+ years of experience leading complex, large-scale, IT or technical or engineering programs and projects
· 3+ years of experience in a client-facing role, leading and engaging with customers, technologists and/or partners
· Experience in a lead role supporting large technology driven transformation projects
· Demonstrated ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals
· Ability to work across functional teams to deliver large, complex IT solutions
· Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, math, business, or equivalent experience
· Ability to travel 25% to 35% as needed
· Direct experience implementing cloud services including migrations and modernization projects
· Proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects
· Effective written and oral communication skills spanning executive leadership, business, and technical disciplines
· The ability to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment, as well as a rapid work pace
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
· Ability to credibly coordinate between project teams and customers to meet unique customer requirements
· Fluency and comfort with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
· Project management certification or training such as PMP, Scrum, or other Agile experience and certification
THERE ARE SEVERAL INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR AND LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE IN ALL OUR WESTERN LOCATIONS: SAN FRANCISCO, IRVINE, SANTA MONICA, SEATTLE & DENVER.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $113,000/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.