The ProServe Advisory Global Specialty Practice (GSP) works with customer teams to accelerate business transformation through AWS adoption, by addressing the non-technical challenges of cloud adoption. The Advisory Operating Model practice within the Advisory GSP helps our customers in two areas:
· IT Operating Model offerings help our customers modernize their IT organizations, specifically collaborating to define and build a product-centric IT operating model; learn how to continuously iterate and improve the value of their products; and transform the way IT and the Business engage and measure success.
· Product Enterprise offerings help customers create, manage, and evolve product-driven structures; and balance their global product portfolios, investment strategies and operating models – grounded in innovative customer-centric principles. This includes establishing product mechanisms from the front-line business-led product teams, through the middle-tier, and up to senior management structures across the Enterprise.
The Op Model Team supports a wide community of consultants across the globe who specialize in Advisory, but who report into field sales and delivery teams.
The Operating Model GSP Product Leader drives the integrated portfolio of operating model offerings and delivery kits across both use cases. S/he leads a team of senior SMEs, including globally dispersed team members, to build out delivery kits and enable field teams. In addition, s/he is expected to do hands-on selling support, and help with customer delivery. Because existing IT Operating Model offerings need to be evolved, and Product Enterprise is an incubating offering, the Operating Model GSP Product Leader will need to conduct experiments – including creating metrics, targets, and proof points to assess customer need; market opportunity; and offering viability.
S/he will be a business builder and foster a sense of community across all Advisory resources (GSP or Field). S/he will deliver skills enablement for consultants; support local hiring and onboarding of field consultants; and ensure the Operating Model Team is converting projects into Public References, delivery artifacts, and public blogs.
We are looking for a strategic leader who can successfully build a practice that meets two unique customer needs. As such, s/he must be fluent in both arenas, and a deep expert in at least one.
At Amazon we are all builders, we are all leaders, and we are all owners. This is both an internal- and customer-facing role, and requires up to 80% travel domestically and internationally to major customer markets, including Americas, EMEA, APJC, and ANZ.
· Leader & Evangelist – lead the Operating Model GSP Team to develop and evolve AWS frameworks and delivery mechanisms for IT Operating Model and Product Enterprise offerings
· Product Owner – Manage development of a diverse portfolio of offerings, and conduct experiments - including creating metrics, targets, and proof points to assess customer need; market opportunity; and offering viability. Develop and evolve AWS frameworks and delivery mechanisms.
· Partnering – Conduct partner enablement briefings and trainings to further scale adoption of the delivery framework. Solicit feedback from the field to incorporate successful delivery patterns into our offerings.
· Sales – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, and support teams for strategic deals.
· Delivery – Provide delivery oversight and engage as a senior delivery resource for strategic engagements.
· Advisory – Work as a strategic business partner to help customers achieve their business outcomes and help to drive innovation throughout the engagement life cycle
· Community of practice – Create a sense of community in the field despite individual consultants being spread across many geographic practices.
· Be a customer advocate – Work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
· Partner engagement and delivery – develop sales motions with partners to scale adoption. Establish mechanisms to provide oversight of partner development and delivery.
· Internal candidates are preferred for this position, but the basic requirements should be very closely reviewed, as they are non-negotiable.
· 15+ senior leadership, and/or management consulting experience in enterprises working at C-Level engagements
· 5+ years leading (or helping customers design/lead) product portfolios, product roadmaps, and/or product teams
· A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Experience leading a globally distributed virtual team
· Demonstrated track record with Business Development
· Digital mindset and affinity to cloud technologies
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· Great, down-to-earth, business writing
· Strong Bias for Action, Ownership, Structured-approach to projects, and Strategic vision; a self-starting entrepreneur
· Master’s degree in business, engineering, or related fields
· Experience driving international Digital transformation programs in major enterprises.
· Experience with Cloud technologies (architecture, security, migration) is a plus
· Proven ability to influence without authority
· Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
· Demonstrate strong judgement, independent thinking, and creative approaches to overcome obstacles and issues during change execution
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .