Want to change the way people watch Live Sports? Passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems? Looking forward to work with a team of highly competent software engineers ranging from new graduates to seasoned architects building software using the latest AWS technologies? Are you looking for an inclusive team, where you feel safe to be yourself, to share your ideas openly, to experiment, fail and learn, and where you help make decisions that shape the team’s path forward? If so, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
Who we are?
We are the Prime Video Live Events team, revolutionize the way our customers search, discover and enjoy live events from sports, to music, to breaking news and political debates. In September 2018 we launched our first full-scale live streaming experience to all of our world-wide Prime customers with NFL’s Thursday Night Football. In just a year, we delivered multi-game watching experience to our Prime Video customers in UK for English Premier League . That was just the start. We are expanding and looking for engineers, for our team in Austin, TX, to build innovative solutions for customer to discover engaging and personalized live content to enjoy. This is a transformative opportunity, the chance to be at the vanguard of a program that will revolutionize Prime Video, and the live streaming experience for customers everywhere. Our Austin, TX team is building a wide variety of services from low-latency, high-TPS services that control the lifecycle of live events and help customers discover live or upcoming games on variety of devices including Alexa and to engage customer on Prime Video content offline and through social-media platforms. If you’re a strong engineer, there’s a home for you in Austin working on Prime Video Live Events. Our leaders are great teachers, our engineers are world-class, and our products are fun.
What will you do?
We are looking for smart, motivated Software Development Engineers who can help in building personalized discovery experience for thousands of live streaming events available world-wide using technologies like machine learning. If you have experience building large-scale, high-performance, customer-friendly products and are interested in designing and implementing distributed systems to handle large datasets, complex domains, and problems at Amazon scale, this is the job for you. You will get opportunity to lead building large-scale application, work with motivated talent and help them to grow. This is an exciting role, offering a customer-obsessed engineer to learn and use a broad array of technologies to make a real impact. Our architecture leverages the latest in AWS cloud technologies including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, and Cloudfront in supporting billions of requests from millions of Prime Video users.
If you’re excited about helping to build the future of live event streaming or just want to have fun creating something you can be proud to show your family and friends, reach out. We’d love to chat.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
· Computer Science fundamentals in system design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis
· Experience releasing highly scalable products
· Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
· Working knowledge of service-oriented patterns
· Graduate degree in a related technical field
· Experience with critical, 24x7 systems
· Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
· Fluency in more than one programming language (e.g. Java, C++, Go, Kotlin, Clojure, Scala, Ruby, Python, Perl)
· Knowledge of functional architecture a plus
· Experience with AWS services highly desirable
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.