Are you excited by the disruptive potential of quantum technology? Do you want to help startups and enterprises understand the challenges and opportunities of quantum computing (QC)? Do you love to write? Can you manage content projects? If so, consider joining us as a Technical Writer with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) documentation team. We deliver all of the technical documentation you will find at https://docs.aws.amazon.com.
In this role, you will unite your technical skills and experience, ability to organize and write technical customer focused content, and ability to drive content projects to deliver the high-quality, well-organized technical documentation and examples our customers rely on with AWS.
You will focus on the AWS Quantum Computing space - a technology that holds promise to be transformational in many industries.
Through content, you will be responsible for helping customers understand the how to use Quantum Computing on AWS. You will work closely with engineering teams and others to create clear, accurate, and customer-focused technical documentation. You will create content plans and drive their execution with quantum SMEs who will also write content for this space. You will apply your strong content architecture and program management skills to ensure the content is clear, accurate, well organized, and discoverable for our customers.
We hire people with a broad set of technical skills for multiple services. Ideally, you have both a technical background and the ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation yourself and through others. We don’t expect you to be an expert in Quantum, but we expect you to dive in and be ready to learn!
· Drive documentation planning and delivery with engineering teams.
· Write, improve, test, and publish technical documentation to https://docs.aws.amazon.com.
· Work with engineering teams to create or acquire meaningful code and script examples as needed.
· Work with technical editors to improve content quality.
· Gather, analyze, and respond to customer feedback and data.
· Provide feature and bug input to engineering teams.
· Define writing projects and determine priorities.
· Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
· Experience writing for a scientific, developer or other technical audience - blog, product documentation, or other technical information.
· Experience managing complex content projects.
· Experience designing, planning, and delivering technical content.
· Experience working on or closely with software development teams.
· Hands on experience in a major technology area such as Compute, HPC, GPUs, ML, deep learning, server-less architectures, distributed systems, or service oriented architecture, preferably cloud or hosted services.
· Experience working with agile project management methodologies.
· Experience working with XML or Markdown-based documentation systems.
· Experience working with Git or similar distributed version control system.
· Experience delivering results through others.
We are a growing team of talented, geographically distributed/remote-friendly, highly technical communicators who enjoy working with others, know the power documentation has to make a real difference, and always put customers first. Join us!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.