Economists at Amazon are solving some of the most challenging applied economics questions in the tech sector. Amazon economists apply the frontier of economic thinking to market design, pricing, forecasting, program evaluation, online advertising and other areas. Our economists build econometric models using our world class data systems, and apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment. A career at Amazon affords economists the opportunity to work with data of unparalleled quality, apply rigorous applied econometric approaches, and work with some of the most talented applied econometricians in the trade.
Amazon’s Consumer Analytics team is looking for Economists join our efforts to build the next generation of analytics systems at Amazon. You’ll work closely with machine learning scientists, finance partners, and senior leaders to make data-driven, principled decisions about marketing and program investments.
Economists should have proficiencies in one or more of the following areas:
· Data management
· Causal modeling (e.g., using regression, propensity matching)
· Experimental design
· Programming in one or more statistics-oriented languages (Stata, Python, R)
· Prediction and forecasting
· Structural model design and estimation
Economists work on a mixture of large-scale system design and theoretical economic and statistical problems in a fast-paced environment where creativity, speed, and careful work matter.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· PhD in Economics or related field
· Two or more years of experience in a postdoctoral position; or, two or more years of experience in consulting, government or academic research
· Hands on experience with at least one of the following: Matlab, R, SAS, Stata
· Strong background in econometrics (e.g., program evaluation, forecasting, time series, panel data, and/or high dimensional problems), economic theory, and quantitative methods
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Strong research track record.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.