The DAC AdsEcon Team is looking for an PhD economist. The ideal candidate will have expertise in Empirical Industrial Organization, particularly in auction. You will be a part of a team that develops cutting edge economic and data science advertising research, which is put into production.
Advertising is used daily to surface new selection and provide customers a wider set of product choices along their shopping journeys. The business is focused on generating value for shoppers as well as advertisers. Our team uses a combination of econometrics, machine learning, and data science to build disruptive products for all our Advertising products. We also generate insights to guide Amazon Advertising strategy, providing direct support to senior leadership.
· Ph.D. in economics or related finance field
· Strong background in empirical industrial organization
· 2+ years of post PhD work experience in industry, consulting, government or academic research
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
· Strong background in auction.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Strong research track record.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.