Do you want to create the greatest possible worldwide impact in Robotics? Amazon has the world's most exciting treasure trove of robotics challenges. The Robotics AI team at Amazon is building high-performance, real-time robotic systems that can perceive, learn and act intelligently alongside humans, at Amazon scale. The Robotics AI team at Amazon invents and scales AI systems for robotics in fulfillment. At Robotics AI, our mission is to enable robots to interact safely, efficiently, and fluently with the clutter and uncertainty of real-world fulfillment centers at Amazon scale. We are developing AI solutions that enable robots to learn from their own experiences, from each other, and from people to build AI that feeds itself.
We hire and develop subject matter experts in AI with a focus on computer vision, machine learning, deep learning, control, navigation, and planning. We target high-impact algorithmic unlocks in topics such as scene and activity understanding, simultaneous localization and mapping, closed-loop control, human preference and active learning that are of high-value to our current and future fulfillment networks.
If you are an experienced and Senior Applied Scientist, have a track record of delivering to timelines with high quality, are deeply technical and innovative, we want to talk to you. We are seeking a seasoned Senior Applied Scientist to work in our core robotics team developing a state-of-the-art AI-based autonomy stack. You will be closely integrated with the research and development of an advanced robotic system, both developing and optimizing features. You will work with other world-leading scientists to build and deliver the world's most scalable robotics systems, working together from ideation-to-production using tools such as CV deep learning (instance segmentation, pose estimation, activity understanding), CV geometry, active learning, reinforcement learning, perception, multi-robot systems planning, multi-agent path finding.
You will help guide and mentor our team of applied scientists and engineers. In this role, you will be expected to help define a team direction for AI research algorithms and strategies. This will include providing guidance on system architecture and algorithm selection or design. This is a senior role where you will be directly contributing to the implementation while you lead. A successful candidate will have strong technical ability, scientific vision, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
· PhD in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Robotics, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
· 5+ years of industry or academic research experience in one or more areas in Robotics, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Multi-agent path finding, Reinforcement learning, Multi-agent reinforcement learning, optimization for multi-robot systems, Machine Learning, Multi-agent planning, Perception, Autonomous navigation, Path planning, grasping, manipulation or related field.
· 2+ year of hands-on experience in software development using either Python, C++, Java and/or other programming languages and/or Machine learning.
· Hands-on architectural or system design experience.
· Strong algorithm development experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· PhD and 7+ years of industry or academic research experience in one or more areas in Robotics, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Multi-agent path finding, Reinforcement learning, Multi-agent reinforcement learning, optimization for multi-robot systems, Machine Learning, Multi-agent planning, Perception, Autonomous navigation, or related field.
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in software development using either Python, C++, Java and/or other programming languages.
· Familiarity with hardware-software integration and track record of delivering complex algorithms on embedded devices.
· Demonstrable experience in building, programming and integrating software and hardware for robotic systems.
· Proven experience producing computationally efficient software to meet real-time requirements.
· Experience in robotics or autonomous vehicles and strong industry background.
· Understanding of machine learning techniques and how they can be applied to scientific research.
· Passion for hiring and developing science talent.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /Age