Amazon Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers enjoy digital content. Prime Video delivers premium content to customers through purchase and rental of movies and TV shows, unlimited on-demand streaming through Amazon Prime subscriptions, add-on channels like Showtime and HBO, and live concerts and sporting events like NFL Thursday Night Football. In total, Prime Video offers nearly 200,000 titles and is available across a wide variety of platforms, including PCs and Macs, Android and iOS mobile devices, Fire Tablets and Fire TV, Smart TVs, game consoles, Blu-ray players, set-top-boxes, and video-enabled Alexa devices. Amazon believes so strongly in the future of video that we've launched our own Amazon Studios to produce original movies and TV shows, many of which have already earned critical acclaim and top awards, including Oscars, Emmys and Golden Globes.
The Global Consumer Engagement team within Amazon Prime Video builds product and technology solutions that drive customer activation and engagement across all our supported devices and global footprint. We obsess over finding effective, programmatic and scalable ways to reach customers via a broad portfolio of both in-app and out-of-app experiences.
We would love to have you join us to work on the core video optimization systems. You will hone your skills in areas such as deep learning, multi-armed bandits, and reinforcement learning while building scalable industrial systems. As a member of a highly leveraged team of talented engineers and ML scientists, you will have a unique opportunity to help determine what content gets shown to every customer on Amazon.
Our team consistently strives to innovate, and holds several novel patents and inventions in the motion picture and television industry. We are highly motivated to extend the state of the art. As a member of our team, you will apply your deep knowledge of Data Science and Machine Learning to concrete problems that have broad cross-organizational, global, and technology impact. You will work on large engineering efforts that solve significantly complex problems facing global customers. You will be trusted to operate with independence and are often assigned to focus on areas with significant impact on audience satisfaction. You must be equally comfortable with digging in to customer requirements as you are drilling into design with development teams and developing production ready learning models. You consistently bring strong, data-driven business and technical judgment to decisions.
You will work with internal and external stakeholders, cross-functional partners, and end-users around the world at all levels. Our team makes a big impact because nothing is more important to us than pleasing our customers, continually earning their trust, and thinking long term. You are empowered to bring new technologies and deep learning approaches to your solutions. We embrace the challenges of a fast paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of content. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive will have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
· MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
· Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art machine learning technologies.
· 5+ years of professional experience working with Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning.
· Hands-on professional experience with Deep Learning, Computer Vision, NLP or speech processing.
· Strong knowledge and development experience with learning algorithms
· Experience with the full machine learning lifecycle.
· Experience with Spark, Python, Deep learning frameworks (e.g MXNet, PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.).
· 7+ years of practical experience applying DS to solve complex problems;
· PhD in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
· Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.