Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses worldwide, including Retail, third party marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, web services for developers.
The Retail Systems function is responsible for building retail platforms, tools and automation required to manage selection, maintain competitive pricing, forecast demand, buy products and deal with vendors. Pricing Analytics and Operations is an integral part of Retail Systems enabling Amazon’s pricing strategy and operations. The team’s primary role is to provide on-time and accurate inputs to help make great pricing decisions. We build and execute on scalable & efficient processes to ensure Amazon’s price competitiveness. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and Amazon’s topline & profitability.
Do you want to be part of the team that makes sure that Amazon keeps its “best price” promise across millions of products worldwide? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Are you a passionate self-starter? If the answer to the above questions is a resounding “YES”, read on!
Responsibility: You will be a part of a Support function responsible for providing first level of support to issues raised by Ops team before escalating to Tech.
Few key responsibilities are mentioned below:
· Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple products, features and services
· Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance
· Weekly support metrics tracking and reporting
· Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Java.
· Collaborate with Ops/Tech teams for issue resolution
· A degree in Computer Science or at least one year relevant experience in a large-scale online technical operations environment.
· Strong in any one scripting language preferably Java
· Basic understanding of data structures and algorithms used to solve complex business problems.
· Basic understanding of HTTP Status codes
· Basic Knowledge on XPATHs and Regular expressions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to facilitate efficient and effective interaction with peers and customers
· Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
· Basic understanding of Linux operating system
· 1+ years of experience in Software development or technical support role would be an added advantage
· Strong knowledge of the computer science fundamentals and good understanding of distributed software systems.
· Exposure to server-less cloud computing is a strong plus.
· Experience with technical support, incident response and incident management.
· Able to automate operations / systems administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools