Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
· Serve as Amazon Music's music expert for assigned genres and sub-genres.
· Apply extensive music knowledge to creation of hand-curated programming for Amazon Music's growing customer base, including the general audience and targeted fans of genres and artists.
· Dive deep into available data on stations, playlists, and individual tracks – to inform understanding of customer tastes, optimize customer experience, and maximize customer engagement.
· Devise and maintain a strategy for laddering new songs and artists through programming from discovery stages, compiling customer data, and identifying current and future hits.
· Use a deep knowledge of genres, subgenres, artists, albums, tracks, and trends to inform algorithmic programming at scale; work with developers to optimize customer experience within genres of expertise.
· Liaise with stakeholders on teams including Label and Artist Relations, Marketing, and PR to identify opportunities to amplify and increase awareness for playlists and stations.
· Own long-lead schedule for featuring artists and original content in playlists, on cover artwork, and in out-of-home advertising; communicate with teams in Design, Artist Marketing, and Label and Artist Relations.
· Coordinate as needed with project managers – as well as product, tech, catalog, and content teams – around special projects, product launches, and innovations.
· Collaborate with voice programmers to identify best practices for routing customer genre and artists requests, and to fix “broken windows” experiences where no music or non-pertinent music returns.
· Manage programming globally where relevant in concert with counterparts in other territories.
· Use a combination of aesthetic judgment and available data to identify new opportunities and to create playlists and stations.
· Work with manager to establish medium and long-term strategy for genre programming, and to goals for increasing customer engagement and quantitative performance, generate a plan to meet goals and achieve growth.
· BS/BA required
· 7+ years in work experience in music programming, music supervision, editorial, A&R, and/or running an editorial calendar
· Demonstrated success in delivering results in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Thinks big and has convictions
· Results oriented
· Flexible and nimble, able to swiftly react to a shifting landscape
· Knowledge of current trends and history in both music and the music industry
· Ability to set aside personal biases to create content for a specific audience without ego
· Demonstrated experience in driving process and tool improvements
· Can balance deep music knowledge with data to drive decision-making
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.