Prime Video is an industry leading, high-growth business and a critical driver of Amazon Prime subscriptions, which contribute to customer loyalty and lifetime value. Prime Video is used daily by a massive audience on Amazon's websites and through a variety of devices including the Kindle Fire, game consoles, smart TVs and Blu-ray players.
The Prime Video Marketing Analytics team uses machine learning, econometrics, and data science to optimize Amazon’s media spending strategies on Amazon Originals and third party content, driving customer loyalty as well as enhancing lifetime value of our Prime members. We are looking for an applied data scientist to build innovative models for measuring the impact of marketing spending on customer engagement and Prime member acquisition. Key responsibilities of Prime Video applied scientists include the following:
· Playing an integral role in developing a roadmap to expand and enhance marketing analytics of Prime Video
· Optimizing media planning on Amazon Originals to grow Amazon Prime user engagement and acquisition
· Improving model usability by analyzing customer behavior and by gathering data from business owners and other tech teams
· Incorporating new data sources and implementing creative methodology innovations to improve model performance
· Creating and tracking accuracy and performance metrics
· Helping build production systems that take inputs from multiple models and support decision making
To summarize, the applied scientist will join our team to generate scientific insights to guide Amazon’s digital-video marketing strategy. We use detailed customer behavioral data (e.g. streaming history) and detailed information about content (e.g. IMDb-sourced characteristics) to discern causality of advertising spending on customer engagement and Prime member acquisition, based on which we derive optimize media planning of multi-million dollar marketing budget.
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics or a related field
· 5+ years of experience producing models and analytics for business applications
· Breadth of experience in standard machine-learning and statistical modeling tools and techniques (e.g. double machine learning, random forests, gradient-boosted regression, LASSO, logistic regression)
· Experience in programming in R, Python, Stata or similar languages and maintaining code repositories in git
· Experience with data visualization and presentation, turning complex analysis into insight
· Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics or a related field
· Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills. Sophisticated user of statistical tools and basic programming languages
· Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing, building, and integrating models into production systems, including close collaboration with software development teams
· Excellent communication including direct correspondence with senior leadership
· Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic environment
· Experience with AWS features (S3, Redshift, Sagemaker)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.