Amazon is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to lead Amazon's highest-impact, largest-scale delivery programs. Responsibilities include driving projects from design to release, defining program roadmap, engage with internal and external stakeholders, translate business requirements into technical specifications, and managing global production launches.
Our team drives complex business problems, leveraging both company-wide platform solutions as well as designing them from the ground up where they don’t exist. Delivery is a key part of the customer experience when shopping on Amazon. If you've ever placed an order with Amazon then you've experienced some of Amazon's delivery programs. We build global technology solutions that scale to millions of customers. We innovate on behalf of customers to delight them and address their pain points.
You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
As a Senior TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The ideal candidate is an influential technical leader with a knack for getting things done. Who is able separate what's important from what's urgent and find the best path forward from among multiple scenarios, earn the trust of stakeholders, and improve the efficiency of our cross-functional organization.
· 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in an Internet-related program or applications environment
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
· Ability to analyze business requirements, write specifications, scope technical requirements, manage multiple software development efforts, drive rigorous testing, and coordinate product launch.
· Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking issues.
· Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust technical solutions
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience building solutions in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
· Experience analyzing user experience design and developing high profile customer facing products with intricate customer experience workflows.
· Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies
· Exceptional stakeholder management and executive presentation skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.