Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. Key responsibilities will be to conduct research and development in computer vision and related disciplines, and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics, to put the concepts you develop into production. You will determine where commercially available solution and academic research can be applied to solve Amazon business problems, as well as identify opportunities for innovation. You will use a large amount of data to test algorithms to bring them up to production level quality
If this describes you, come join our team at Lab126 in the heart of Silicon Valley. The team is using computer vision, sensor fusion, real-time and distributed systems to convert requirements into concrete deliverables. A Researcher on this team will translate business and functional requirements into working code. Comfort with a high degree of ambiguity and ability to solve problems that haven’t been solved to scale before are essential.
Key responsibilities will be to conduct research and development in computer vision and related disciplines, and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to put the concepts you develop into production. You will determine where commercially available solution and academic research can be applied to solve Amazon business problems, as well as identify opportunities for innovation. You will use a large amount of data to train and test algorithms to bring them up to production level quality. In this role, you will:
· Research, design, implement and evaluate novel algorithms
· Work on large-scale datasets, focusing on creating scalable and accurate computer vision systems in versatile application fields
· Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level
· Collaborate with teams spread all over the world
· Work closely with software engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations
· Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reports on a regular basis
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field focus on deep learning and computer vision research.
· Experience programming in C++, Python or related language
· Experience with 3D vision, 3D geometry, localization and mapping, navigation and path planning algorithms.
· 2+ years of experience in implementing computer vision algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code
· 1+ years of experience in C++, or other programming language, Python or similar scripting language
· Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
· Experience investigating, designing, prototyping, and delivering new and innovative system solutions
· Linux platform experience
· Experience in state-of-the-art deep learning models architecture design and deep learning training and optimization .
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences