Why this job is awesome?
· This is SUPER high-visibility work: Our mission is to provide consistent, accurate, and relevant delivery information to every single page on every Amazon-owned site.
· MILLIONS of customers will be impacted by your contributions: The changes we make directly impact the customer experience on every Amazon site. This is a great position for someone who likes to leverage Machine learning technologies to solve the real customer problems, and also wants to see and measure their direct impact on customers.
· We are a cross-functional team that owns the ENTIRE delivery experience for customers: From the business requirements to the technical systems that allow us to directly affect the on-site experience from a central service, business and technical team members are integrated so everyone is involved through the entire development process.
- Do you want to join an innovative team of scientists and engineers who use machine learning and statistical techniques to deliver the best delivery experience on every Amazon-owned site?
- Are you excited by the prospect of analyzing and modeling terabytes of data on the cloud and create state-of-art algorithms to solve real world problems?
- Do you like to own end-to-end business problems/metrics and directly impact the profitability of the company?
- Do you like to innovate and simplify?
If yes, then you may be a great fit to join the Delivery Experience Machine Learning team.
· Lead a ML team to research and implement machine learning and statistical techniques to create scalable and effective models in Delivery Experience (DEX) systems
· Solve business problems and to identify business opportunities to provide the best delivery experience on all Amazon-owned sites.
· Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative machine learning models for big data.
· Analyzing and understanding large amounts of Amazon’s historical business data to detect patterns, to analyze trends and to identify correlations and causalities
· Working closely with other software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
· Establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
· PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research or in a highly quantitative field.
· 1+ years experience in managing applied science and machine learning teams
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and large data analysis.
· 3+ years SAS/R/Matlab and/or SQL/Hive/Pig experience.
· Strong communication and data presentation skills
· Strong problem solving ability
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· 5+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and large data analysis.
· Strong SAS and/or R skills.
· Experienced in communicating scientific strategy to a business audience
· Proven record of delivering results
· Excellent problem solving abilities.