Amazon’s Digital Content and Commerce Services team (DCCS) powers ordering, subscriptions and vendor payments for all of Amazon’s digital and subscription businesses. We process billions of digital transactions every year and enable our digital businesses to grow their businesses worldwide. As we scale to meet the growing needs of these businesses, we are seeking an experienced Risk and Controls manager to lead our efforts to ensure we have the right financial and operational guardrails and uphold our high bar for customer trust.
The Risk and Control manager will be responsible for executing our controllership framework to identify and assess risks, evaluate control effectiveness, partnering with engineering teams to ensure adequate controls are implemented for systems or tools to mitigate risks and address control gaps. In this role, you will collaborate and work closely with various stakeholders across the company, such as SOX, Accounting, Legal, Finance, Internal Audit and Finance Operations to stay informed on emerging risks and remedial action.
The ideal candidate has the ability to deep dive complex system design, data flows and related business processes. You have a demonstrated ability to deliver multiple, high priority projects at the same time; managing numerous stakeholders, including influencing without authority; developing robust project documentation; defining and executing communication and change management plans; evaluating control effectiveness; understanding both project and enterprise risks and how to address them. You have the ability to analyze data and identify patterns, draw conclusions, and leverage risk management concepts to prioritize remediation efforts. You have a strong sense of ownership to drive positive changes across DCCS.
· Perform application deep dives to understand end to end system workflows, upstream and downstream dependencies and related business processes and use cases.
· Conduct risk assessments and control evaluations to identify gaps and provide remediation recommendations to DCCS tech leads and leadership and partner with team leaders and control owners to drive implementation of remediation plans.
· Assess and surface risks to internal and external parties including leadership, business partners, auditor and regulators as needed.
· Develop training materials to increase risk awareness across the org
· Drive process improvement and control implementation projects
· Collaborate and work closely with various stakeholders across the company to stay informed on emerging risks and remedial action.
· BS degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, Engineering or similar field
· 6+ years of audit, internal control reviews, risk assessment or process improvement experience
· 3+ years of program management skills, understanding of financial systems
· Proven history of having worked effectively across cross-functional teams and business functions
· Self-starter, possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations
· Excellent analytical skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
· Advanced degree (e.g., MBA)
· Relevant certifications (CISA or CPA equivalent)