Amazon Web Services is seeking a Machine Learning Solutions Architect in the Northern Virginia + Washington, DC area. This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Are you excited to help the Intelligence Community (IC) to leverage massive amounts of data in developing Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) models and adopting Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Eager to learn from many different enterprise use cases of AWS ML and DL? Thrilled to be a key part of Amazon, who has been investing in Machine Learning for decades, pioneering and shaping the world’s AI technology? Come join us!
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are helping the federal government build ML and DL models on the AWS Cloud. We are applying predictive technology to large volumes of data and against a wide spectrum of problems.
ML and AI are rapidly growing in importance. We’re seeing more and more amazing AI work being done from home automation and mobile apps to financial trading and shipping logistics. Given the scale required for developing AI models, the cloud is an ideal place to deploy AI models, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leader in the deployment of AI. We’re looking for someone passionate and deeply excited about this space. Someone who is devoted to helping IC customers understand how AI can make a big difference to their businesses.
As a Machine Learning Specialist Solutions Architect (SA), you will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for designing machine learning solutions that leverage AWS services to automate solutions and drive down costs for customers. As part of the Specialist Solutions Architecture team, you will work closely with the other Specialist SAs to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of AWS for ML/AI platforms. You will interact with other SAs in the field, providing guidance on their customer engagements, and you will develop white papers, blogs, reference implementations, and presentations to enable customers and 3rd parties to fully leverage ML/AI on AWS. You will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population, to help them understand how to integrate AWS ML solutions into customer architectures.
You must have deep technical experience working with technologies related to artificial intelligence, machine learning and/or deep learning. A strong mathematics and statistics background is preferred, in addition to experience building complex classification models. You will be familiar with the ecosystem of software vendors in the AI/ML space, and will leverage this knowledge to help AWS customers in their selection process.
Candidates must have great communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to impress AWS customers at any level, from executive to developer. Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required, provided you have experience building large scale solutions. You will get the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers at customers, partners and AWS service teams, influencing their roadmaps and driving innovation.
If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems and working on the cutting edge of technology, we would love to have you on the team.
For more information please reach out to Olivia Black (firstname.lastname@example.org). This position requires a Top Secret security clearance.
· 5+ years of experience in design/implementation/consulting experience of Machine Learning/AI/Deep Learning solutions
· 3+ years of experience with one or more Deep Learning frameworks such as Apache MXNet, TensorFlow, Caffe2, Keras, Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit, Torch and Theano
· 5+ years professional experience in software development in languages related to ML like Python or R. Experience working with RESTful API and general service oriented architectures.
· 3+ years of experience of technical architecture, design, deployment and operational level knowledge of AI platforms, standards, protocols and devices
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
· Graduate degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
· 5+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis
· Good skills with programming languages, such as Java or C/C++
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships
· Consulting experience and track record of helping customers with their AI needs
· Publications or presentation in recognized Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences
· Experience using Python and/or R
· Knowledge of SparkML
· Able to write production level code, which is well-written and explainable
· Experience using ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, mllib
· Experience working with GPUs to develop models
· Experience handling terabyte size datasets
· Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns
· Familiarity with using data visualization tools
· Knowledge and experience of writing and tuning SQL
· Past and current experience writing and speaking about complex technical concepts to broad audiences in a simplified format
· Experience giving data presentations
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, & EMR
· Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer’s organization
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.