In Customer Trust and Partner Support (CTPS), thousands of Amazonians spend their days obsessing over how to continually provide a safe and trustworthy store for our customers, brands, and selling partners. In this rich, demanding environment, it is vital that we invest significant effort to hire and develop the best.
How do we do this effectively? That’s where you come in. Help us build a brand new core research team focused on talent growth and retention.
We are seeking a behavioral research scientist with deep expertise in quantitative and experimental approaches to social science.
You're a good fit for the role if you have experience independently owning research in the realm of quantitative social science end to end in industry settings. This includes ideation of research design and analyses to answer ambiguous questions, leading analysis and data collection, and disseminating findings to peers, stakeholders, and leadership.
You will be responsible for developing and testing theoretical frameworks, inventing novel ways to generate insights, and identifying and developing rigorous analyses for a large variety of data. This role requires deep knowledge of statistics, including linear and logistic regressions, hierarchical models, structural equation models, and similar.
As a research leader in the organization, you will also be responsible for mentorship of others, including mentoring junior team members, and providing learning opportunities for other members of the organization (think tech talks, workshops, etc).
A customer-obsessed, relentless curiosity is a must, as is commitment to the highest standards of methodological rigor that a given study allows. This role provides significant opportunity to influence how CTPS hires and develops the best.
If you’re hungry to engage and empower Amazonians with your expertise in mixed methods research, let's talk.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Ph.D. in a discipline of social science (behavioral neuroscience, cognitive neuroscience, and similar) or a closely related field.
· Experience independently designing and executing end-to-end research answering ambiguous, difficult-to-test questions using a variety of methods
· Deep knowledge of statistics and related quantitative methods (e.g., linear and logistic regressions, hierarchical models, structural equation models)
· Extensive experience with at least one computational language like R, Python, and Matlab, and experience with statistical software (e.g. SPSS, Stata)
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
· 3+ years of post-academic experience
Basic qualifications plus:
· Experience with multiple computational languages like R, Python, and Matlab
· Experience applying machine learning methods like random forests, gradient boosted models, clustering methods, and similar
· Experience using NLP methods to process medium to large sets of text data