Operations Technology IT
We develop and deliver technology that supports Amazon Operations at worldwide scope and scale that is unparalleled. We are forming a new team focused on providing advanced image solutions that leverage both automated and semi-automated Computer Vision (CV) and Machine Learning (ML) processing techniques to provide enhanced safety, productivity, and quality controls throughout Amazon’s global operation sites. We will be automating image capture and analysis, large data set handling, using convolutional neural networks (CNNs) for classification and segmentation of images, spatial recognition of objects/distance/velocity relationships, real time and near-term operational feedback loops and large-scale process automation. See Amazon’s recently open sourced Distance Assistant as a good example of our work.
What You’ll Do
As a motivated Technical Program Manager, you’ll be responsible for driving and delivering complicated CV-based projects that will be implemented at Amazon operation sites all over the world. You’ll be working directly with one or more software development teams, providing them with project leadership, anticipating potential bottlenecks, mitigating project delivery risks, quantifying the impact of tradeoffs, balancing business needs against technical constraints and communicating program status to leadership and stakeholders. You’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your passion for orchestrating the successful delivery of secure, scalable, well-crafted solutions that keep Amazon associates safe, reduce process flow disruption and detect and eliminate quality errors before they impact customers. You’ll be collaborating and influencing cross-functional team members from multiple disciplines, including software development engineers, data scientists, system development engineers, business intelligence engineers, applied scientists and operations specialists to create new AI-driven CV solutions to meet challenging and meaningful problems at enormous scale.
· Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline (computer science or engineering preferred)
· 3+ years of technical program management experience in large, cross-organizational projects prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines
· 5+ years of relevant engineering experience, including delivering distributed solutions that leverage web and cloud technologies
· Experience collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing production launches
· Strong communication skills that allow effective cross group influence and impact with technical and non-technical stakeholders
· A Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or an MBA
· 5+ years of Program Management experience, leading multiple parallel projects and delivering quality releases on schedule
· Experience leading software development programs that involved interfacing physical devices (i.e. cameras, sensors, etc.) and AI tools (i.e. Machine Learning, Neural Networks, etc.) into customer-facing solutions
· Experience with applications that handle large, unstructured data sets, such as images or video files, to digitally ingest, evaluate, classify, annotate and tag content with contextual metadata
· Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
· Understanding of AWS services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.