The Human Resources Central Science Team (HRCS) uses economics, behavioral science, statistics, and machine learning to proactively identify mechanisms and process improvements which simultaneously improve Amazon and the lives, wellbeing, and the value of work to Amazonians. We are an interdisciplinary team which combines the talents of science and engineering to develop and deliver solutions that measurably achieve this goal.
We are looking for an outstanding applied scientist who is able to provide structure around complex science and business problems, work with economists and engineers to estimate and validate their models on large scale data, and who can help business and econ partners turn the results of their analysis into policies, programs, and actions that have a major impact on Amazon’s business. We are looking for creative thinkers who can combine a strong economic toolbox with a desire to learn from others, and who know how to execute and deliver on big ideas.
At the senior level, we expect you be able to own the development of scientific models and to manage, in close collaboration with scientists and engineers, the data analysis, modeling, and experimentation that is necessary for estimating and validating your model. You will need to work with our business partners to communicate the properties of your analysis/modeling and be able to work to incorporate their feedback and requests into your project.
We are particularly interested in candidates with research background in nature language understanding, experimental design, reinforcement learning, search/recommendation in working on innovative, strategic problems with significant business impact.
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Strong research track record, drives results
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
· Effective verbal and written communications skills
· Exhibits business judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Dives deep, thinks big and has convictions