Audio Ads is an exciting program under the Multi-Channel Advertising org that is pioneering new experiences to help brands (sellers, vendors, influencers) to have a presence on digital audio services. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers across our owned and operated and other leading high-quality services across millions of Alexa, mobile and desktop devices. We are looking for a motivated and experienced Technical Program Manager to lead the engineering team and own the platform and technical roadmap for Amazon Audio Ads. Our scope will grow substantially in 2020 and we are looking for a strong program leader to grow the team, build best in class customer experiences and deliver a scalable system that will delight customers worldwide.
This is a highly visible position with significant impact and growth. The technical program manager, along with the product manager will be the single threaded owners of the vision, capabilities and success of the platform. To be successful in this role, you are customer obsessed and have sharp business acumen to build a product vision and roadmap that contributes to the success of both our internal and external customers. You are a technical leader with track record of delivering large complex projects on time. You ship high quality systems that serve the needs of our large and ever growing user base. We are looking for a leader who can thrive in a startup environment, thinks big, can move fast, and find ways to improve customer experiences and platform capabilities . If you are interested in making huge impact leading a rapidly expanding team, come join us as we work hard, have fun, and make history.
* Own technical vision and direction: You identify and mitigate risks, construct project schedules, and prepare status reports; you embrace performance metrics and measurement techniques because they help you assess how well system-related services are running.
* Collaborate on product direction: You’ll build and maintain strong relationships between program management, engineering, product management and partner disciplines (Product, User Experience, QA) to ensure that we're focused on delivering the right product for customers.
* Lead beyond your team: You will be a key leader within Amazon’s advertising organization. You will contribute to the overall growth of our product development organization. You'll share your best practices and technical acumen in order to drive technology decisions across our organization.
* Pragmatic and iterative in building software: you have an ability to simplify and get things done quickly with a demonstrated track record of building and delivering software and working effectively with external and internal teams.
* Highly analytical and data-driven: You solve problems in ways that can be backed up with verifiable data. You focus on driving processes, tools, and statistical methods which support rational decision-making.
* Technically fearless: You aren't satisfied by performing 'as expected' and push the limits past conventional boundaries.
* Comfortable with ambiguity: You're able to explore new problem spaces with unique constraints and thus non-obvious solutions; you’re quick to identify any gaps in the team and the right person to fill them to best deliver value to customers.
· System design experience
· 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
· Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
· Experience in the Advertising domain.
· Experience leading initiatives with cross-functional stakeholders (design, engineering, usability, content development)
· Ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries.
· Experience with Agile software development, for example Scrum or Kanban
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.