The growing automotive liability team supports Amazon Associates, third party delivery drivers, and other delivery service providers (DSPs) among our delivery station network. The team is seeking a business analyst with automotive liability claims experience to support program wide reporting, analytics, and process improvement. This role will coordinate across departments to help develop, implement and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) while reporting on policy and program metrics to stakeholders across the business. In this position, you will also work with the team to develop, improve, and streamline global processes and procedures in efforts focused on process improvement and / or risk reduction. The position is preferably located at Amazon.com headquarters in Seattle, Washington, but could be virtual for the right candidate. This position will report to a Risk Business Analyst.
The ideal candidate would have a strong track record of solving ambiguous business problems, and an appetite for mining patterns in data. They would be equally apt at presenting their findings to their peers and senior leadership, as they are at coming to those findings. They will design operational and business dashboards for the Leadership team. The analyst will work with business owners to understand analytics requirements and develop solutions. They would have a strong tendency for taking ownership of the space they're working in, and would quickly become a respected and trusted expert. They will build mechanisms to convert our underlying data into meaningful dashboards, compelling metrics, and actionable intelligence.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Translate basic business problems into actionable analysis requirements.
· Derive actionable recommendations from analysis that impact a process or team.
· Prepare reports on regular cadences, as well as conduct ad hoc data mining and analysis to drive managerial decisions and focused improvement efforts.
· Streamline and automate recurring reporting efforts.
· Translate business inquiries to analytical reports required to drive reporting, metrics, and dashboards.
· Communicate findings to stakeholders and leadership. Escalate problems as needed.
· Bachelor's degree
· 2+ years of relevant insurance claims handling experience
· 2+ years of experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analyst role
· 2+ years of experience conducting analysis and data mining
· Proficient extracting and processing data using SQL
· Possess advanced computer skills, including mastery of Excel, highly proficient using Functions, Formulas, and VBA
· Experience with visualization technologies such as Tableau, Power BI, or AWS QuickSight
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and written with employees and outside partners, recognizing and appropriately responding to others’ perspectives.
· Results-oriented, with a proven track record of on-time delivery for large, cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders.
· Ability to break down and solve complex problems and to influence successful business decisions based upon data.
· Experience handling Commercial Automotive Liability Claims
· Process improvement background; Six Sigma, Kaizen, or other experience.
· Degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
· ARM, CPCU or other relevant industry standard designation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.