Amazon is building a world class advertising business and defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales of merchandise. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products.
Our team's mandate is to accelerate advertising in the Books category as it requires a differentiated customer and advertiser experience. We own end-to-end the advertising experience including placements, ad relevance, creative, ad serving, advertiser experience, and marketing. We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. We are investing in a deep science and technical team to pursue a transformation opportunity.
About this role:
We are seeking a talented, energetic, entrepreneurial, and self-driven Senior Data Scientist to join our team. Our team works on complex science, engineering, optimization, econometric, and user-experience problems in order to deliver relevant product ads on Amazon search and detail pages world-wide. Leveraging Amazon's massive data repository, our data scientists develop experiments, insights and optimizations that enable the monetization of Amazon online and mobile search properties while enhancing the experience of Amazon shoppers.
In this role, you will:
· Solve new and challenging problems using statistical, Machine Learning, or optimization approaches to create measurable customer facing impact.
· Translate prototype models to production quality, scaling to millions of customers and across different languages.
· Design experiments leveraging your models to measure effectiveness.
· Work closely with product, business and engineering teams to execute on your project plans.
· Communicate verbally and in writing to senior leaders with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about your approach, as well as sharing insights and recommendations.
· Drive best practices on the team; mentor and guide junior members to achieve their career growth potential.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
· Masters or PhD Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics or a related quantitative field.
· Experience in the Ad-Tech industry
· Experience building content based recommendation models
· Experience in NLP techniques
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams and business audiences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
#sspajobs #sspasv #adsto #booksvert