Are you passionate about applying formal verification, program analysis, constraint-solving, and theorem proving to real world problems? Do you want to create products that help customers? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity for you. In this role, you will interact with internal teams and external customers to understand their requirements. You will apply your knowledge to propose innovative solutions, create software prototypes, and productize prototypes into production systems using software development tools and methodologies. In addition, you will support and scale your solutions to meet the ever growing demand of customer use.
- Interact with various teams to develop an understanding of their security and safety requirements.
- Apply the acquired knowledge to build tools find problems, or show the absence of security/safety problems.
- Implement these tools through the use of SAT, SMT, BDDs, and various concepts from programming languages, theorem proving, formal verification and constraint solving.
- Perform analysis of the customer systems using tools developed in-house or externally provided
- Create software prototypes to verify and validate the devised solutions methodologies; integrate the prototypes into production systems using standard software development tools and methodologies.
- Can present and defend company-wide technical decisions to the internal technical community and represent the company effectively at technical conferences.
- Functional thought leader, sought after for key tech decisions. Can successfully sell ideas to an executive level decision maker.
- Mentors and trains the research scientist community on complex technical issues.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
· At least 5 years of industrial/academic experience in formal verification, program analysis, constraint-solving, and theorem proving
· At least 5 years of experience with SMT/SAT solvers
· At least 5 years of experience with programming languages such as Java, Scala, C/C++, Ruby, or Python and open-source technologies
· Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
· Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
· Experience developing/modifying constraint solvers
· Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects with evolving requirements
· Excellent written and verbal technical communication with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.