OpsTech IT Wireless Availability Engineering owns delivering sustained availability and stability for our fulfillment centers and transportation sites, worldwide. These wireless solutions are used by hundreds of thousands of associates, relied upon by operators of industry-leading fulfillment and transportation systems, and play a critical role in the delivery of shipments to Amazon retail customers.
The Development Engineer will demonstrate and apply in-depth knowledge of Wireless networking, .11, an RF concepts and theory, to include IP networking fundamentals. The candidate will collaborate with software and teams, FC infrastructure Operations, and Wireless architecture and RF engineering teams to define and build the future solutions which will enable faster, scalable management, globally. You will work closely with client engineering to develop and test new solutions while supporting our complex ecosystems of robotics, mobile devices, end user equipment and workstations.
Our team has a broad scope supporting multiple business globally, from the smallest delivery stations in emerging markets to the most advanced automated fulfillment centers in North America, Japan, and Europe. As a result, this group enjoys a variety of both tactical and strategic projects. This is a unique opportunity that will enable you to grow your skills as an engineer and have a lasting impact on Amazon’s fulfillment networks for years to come.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Collaborate with peer teams to collectively understand the customer problems and find technological solutions utilizing wireless networking technologies.
· Provide regular constructive feedback based on data to peer teams to influence future designs that meets or exceeds the needs of our customers.
· Identify and deliver solutions that reduce operational impact to customers and enable them with scalable, resilient, and cost optimized services.
· Dive deep on complex problems that involve networking technologies to resolve customer issues, identify root causes, document and develop corrective actions.
· Evaluating new technologies, lab testing, proof of concept (PoC), run books definition, and pilot deployment.
· Innovate and automate infrastructure testing, deployment, operations and life cycle management
· Be a part of Global support organization that provides 24x7 escalation support on shift rotation basis. Some night and weekend support may be required.
· Developing new processes, tools, and , improving how we maintain and manage the , effectively, efficiently, and safe.
· Effectively contribute to hiring and developing top talent at Amazon
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technology-related field, or 3+ years practical relevant experience in large-scale Wireless networking operations and engineering.
· Excellent knowledge of wireless networking technologies (.11 & RF)
· Deep understanding of fundamentals and packet capture analysis.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Comfortable working in a UNIX/Linux environment
· Software development / are highly desired, specifically .
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· An ability to support follow-the-sun shifts and on-call, including weekends/Public holidays.
· Master’s Degree in a technology-related field or 5+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
· Experience operating high-density AP and client deployments
· Working knowledge of / technologies and concepts, including , , and STP.
· Working knowledge of Cisco/Mist solutions in large scale global deployments
· Mastery automating in , Perl, or other languages.
· Basic knowledge of AutoCAD, Air magnet or other site survey software.
· CCNP/CCDP or equivalent certifications.
· Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM methodologies
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.