Are you passionate about networking, Big Data, machine learning and cybersecurity? Are you ready for an exciting opportunity to work with some of the best data scientists and technologies and thrive in a super dynamic environment? Do you want to help secure millions of enterprises and organizations who are running their business in cloud at an unprecedented scale? How about making a difference in making the whole Internet more secure? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for data scientists to joint its cyber-security analytics team.
You will leverage cutting-edge data technologies to perform statistical inference, classification, clustering, and various predictive analysis for a wide spectrum of problems in cybersecurity. As a key member of the technical team, you will translate cyber and network security related requirements into sophisticated models to help extract new insights and drive new initiatives to defend against cyber-attacks. You will be working with a large variety and huge volume of of data sets, advanced security and data technologies, and world-class operation teams to create awesome analyses for cyber security.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
The preferred location for this position is Baltimore, MD, but it can also be located in Herndon, VA or Arlington, VA (HQ2).
· BS in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) majors . Plus 2 years’ experience in statistics modeling, data science, machine learning, or user/entity behavior analytics development OR MS in STEM with 1 year experience.
· Two additional years of experience in lieu of BS degree.
· Experience in applying Data Science/ Analytics to computer system/network related problems.
· Proficiency in acquiring, exploring, and transforming large volume of data with Python and SQL.
· An M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent STEM degree is preferred.
· Experience with analytic development for information security solutions such as IAM, endpoint, and network security is a plus.
· Experience with analytical development on Hadoop ecosystems (Hive, Spark, etc.) is preferred.Experience with NoSQL platforms (e.g., Splunk, ELK, graph databases) is a plus.
· Experience applying machine learning to real-world production systems, analytic development based on SparkML and other ML libraries such as MLlib and scikit-learn is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us