AWS is seeking an innovative, senior product leader to build an exciting new platform for AWS Sales group. The Product leader for this role will be responsible for designing, building, and evolving the technology platform, and will own products and frameworks for entire organization. To be successful in this role you will need a proven background building highly scalable and innovative sales systems, tools and processes, solid business judgment, great communication skills, and the ability to achieve results in an agile and quickly evolving environment. You will need strong customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests from both customers & stakeholders. Strong team-building skills are essential, as you will be building out a team and growing it over time.
In this role, you will:
- Design systems and solutions that enable business users to operate more effectively, intelligently, and efficiently.
- Drive a strategic vision, work cross-functionally across key stakeholders, and partner with dedicated engineering teams to deliver scalable solutions that grow business for AWS Sales group.
- Manage a team of UX designers and work closely with technical product/program managers to define, build, drive and measure mechanisms to enable our field sales teams.
- Work directly with product teams and business leaders identify opportunities to improve WWRO’s products, tools, data, analytics, and reporting offerings.
- Help develop a common design language across systems and applications that can be used seamlessly even across very different use cases. Balance design with enterprise software operational objectives, resulting in extraordinary customer experiences.
- Work hand-in-hand with many stakeholders to translate customer problems, technical team observations, and market insight into features and roadmaps. You will support product marketing adoption programs, and enable business development, solution architects, sales and partners.
- Leverage strong communication skills and a passion for using data and software to drive business decisions at scale.
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. Beyond a strong engineering, data storage/modeling, visualization, and front-end background, a successful candidate will have experience successfully leading teams, developing people, and building a scalable infrastructure. We are looking for someone that is a self-starter, someone that approaches complex business questions with data and curiosity, and a person that dives below the surface to identify the root cause and “so what” rather than just superficial trends.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technically relevant field
· 5+ years of Technical Product/Program Management experience with Internet business experience
· Proven track record of taking a product from conception & definition phase through engineering design and taking it to market
· Demonstrated writing skills at a level suitable for presentation to senior executives
· Scripting and tooling experience to work with, improve, and automate reporting systems
· Frontend development and UX design background sufficient for building and refining new user experience and interface for web and mobile based products
· Technical competence with distributed systems, networking, storage, and security. AWS Certified
· 10+ years of combined experience in Software Engineering, Technical Product and Program Management
· 2+ years of experience in leading and growing team
· MBA in either Business Consulting or Information Systems
· AWS Experience and Certifications
· Experience working with developers and security engineers to come to the best solution to problems where confidentiality, integrity and availability are difficult to achieve together
· Provable and documented track record of taking ownership and driving actual business results
· Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple sub-projects simultaneously in order pull together a single vision
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.