Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
At Ring, our Technical Community Support Agents are a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate, and professional customer service to all Ring customers (our neighbors). As part of Ring’s Operations department, we are the heart of Ring’s business. This vital position requires an action-oriented, flexible problem-solver who will assist our neighbors with troubleshooting solutions. Agents communicate with our neighbors primarily through phone, chat, and e-mail while utilizing a variety of software tools. If you are self-motivated and passionate about finding out of the box solutions when things get tricky, this role may be the right fit for you!
· Provide excellent neighbor support to ensure Ring devices are operational and our mission of making all neighborhoods safer is exemplified
· Analyze, isolate, research, and effortlessly explain step by step technical troubleshooting solutions related to software or hardware to provide a resolution and ensure our products are operating as designed
· Effectively communicate with neighbors while documenting conversations, exchanges, or sessions into multiple systems
· Demonstrate interpersonal skills with a diverse neighbor base
· Successfully translate complex technical information/instructions into a simple language that would ensure seamless troubleshooting
· Demonstrate problem solving, conflict resolution, negotiation, and de-escalation skills
· Successfully champion neighbor obsession by recommending additional product needs to improve device performance and neighbor safety
· Maintain regular and reliable attendance, including the daily schedule as assigned
· 2+ years of technical support experience
· 2+ years proven experience in solving complex challenges
· Intermediate level experience with Mac OS
· Experience with multi-tasking in a high-energy environment
· Ability to attend four weeks of training, ranging between Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
· Ability to work overtime as needed, most often occurring in the weeks surrounding holidays and promotional events
· Ability to compose grammatically correct, concise, and accurate written responses and notations
· Analytical problem solving within a call center environment
· Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues
· In-depth knowledge of Wi-Fi technologies (devices/connectivity)
· Basic knowledge about Ring and our devices
· Technically inclined with a drive to challenge existing processes and innovate
· Ability to concentrate and follow neighbors’ issues without distraction and render a resolution
Perks Of Joining The Ring Team:
For this position, you can expect compensation of $16.00 per hour. The compensation for this role is non-negotiable. However, our total compensation package includes Amazon’s benefits such as health, dental, vision coverage, paid time off, a 401k match program, and a host of other benefits we provide our employees. You will receive four (4) weeks of paid training with benefits starting day one of training.
· Your very own complimentary Ring Video Doorbell and Ring swag
· A casual work environment
· Continuous development opportunities
· Tons of growth opportunities with a fun atmosphere
· Weekly free lunch opportunities per location
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.