***This role can be based in New York or Seattle.
Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier—whoever that customer may be. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. These solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase sales, and more.
We are seeking a senior marketer to develop narratives and go-to-market strategies as part of the global advertising marketing and training team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing sales pitch decks, case studies, playbooks, and other marketing deliverables to support large tentpole events on Amazon, like Prime Day and Black Friday/Cyber Monday. To do this, you will dive deep into understanding the customer segments and business needs, shopping environment on Amazon, and marketplace dynamics to develop compelling narratives aligned with advertiser needs. You will define and execute on the go-to-market strategy with a focus on sales enablement and amplifying your message across external channels. You will combine strong analytical acumen with creativity, and have the opportunity to test and scale new solutions and marketing channels.
This is a highly cross-functional role that requires you to align tentpoles to advertiser objectives, which constantly adjust based on market conditions and feedback from customers. As an owner, you will not only define the marketing message for tentpoles, you will also need to be strong in execution of the development of sales collateral and marketing channel content, including development of sales collateral, blog posts, product videos, and web page content. You will also commission first and third-party research to support your key messages.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Developing a marketing plan to drive awareness, engagement, and sales during tentpole events, including defining value propositions and playbooks
· Creating compelling sales and marketing collateral to drive engagement for a global advertiser audience
· Guiding the prioritization, development and implementation of case studies and research to communicate the benefits of tentpoles
· Driving engagement globally using existing owned marketing channels and piloting new channels
· Working cross-functionally with marketing and training teams, sales, analytics and insights, legal, and PR to deliver content and channel initiatives under tight timing
· Commissioning 1st and 3rd party research to support positioning and marketing plans
· Serving as an internal advocate for customer needs; ensuring broad awareness of, and empathy for, customer pain points
· 6+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
· Experience owning creative input, development and execution from concept to completion
· Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to c-suite stakeholders
· Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
· Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
· Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
· 5+ years of marketing experience
· 5+ years of experience in sales enablement marketing, content marketing, or a similar role
· Ability to create compelling and customer obsessed sales collateral and marketing materials with a high attention to detail
· Experience defining complex program strategy and using data to measure impact and determine improvements
· Cross-functional experience in a complex matrixed organization
· Entrepreneurial spirit/ability to try different things in an ambiguous environment with minimal direction
· Quick decision making abilities demonstrating bias for action under tight timing and pressure
· Confident leading walk throughs of materials and fielding questions
· Fanatical attention to detail
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Previous business experience with Prime Day and/or Black Friday/Cyber Monday
· eCommerce, advertising or technology sector experience
· Experience working with a fast-paced and geographically diverse sales organization
· Global marketing experience
· Project management experience