Are you a biochemistry research scientist? At Amazon, we are constantly inventing and re-inventing to be the most customer-centric company in the world. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
As a Research Scientist, you will be working with a unique and gifted team that is developing exciting products and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
· Collaborate to define product specifications and protocols
· Iterate through experimentation to identify optimal product parameters
· Identify and qualify new materials
· Ensure manufacturability across the design process
· Contribute to design control and regulated protocols
· Collaborate with engineering teams to design, implement, and harmonize solutions
· Bachelor’s degree required in biological or chemical sciences or related areas
· 10+ years of product development experience
· Complete product lifecycle experience
· Experience in molecular biology knowledge or clinical diagnostics
· Master’s degree required in biological or chemical sciences
· Experience with defining research and development practices in a regulated environment
· Excitement for hands-on work
· Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy in order to interface with all levels and disciplines within our organization.
· Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills; ability to distill complex ideas into concise and accurate narratives that enlighten and inspire.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.