The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered quickly, accurately, and in the most cost effective way possible.
The Amazon Logistics package fulfillment optimization team’s mission is to constantly build new system’s learnings and insights and to propose new processes and best practices to the AMZL EU wider volume planning team, all year-round; on behalf of the customer. The team’s goal is to use the intelligence accumulated in order to influence an EU-wide group of stakeholders into taking the correct approaches in the short, medium and long-term planning horizon for AMZL. This role can be based out of London, Munich, Barcelona, Madrid or Paris corporate office. The ideal candidate is interested in leveraging data to deliver actionable insights that impact daily business, has a solid delivery record and experienced in coordinating execution in a cross-functional environment, backed by analysis and data. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with significant attention to detail, enjoying working with large scale of data, a curious builder who thrives in a ever-growing environment with good communication skills. The person has a solid delivery record and leadership experience to own and implement strategic, cross-functional projects, along with an innate ability to drive data driven decisions.
An ideal candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, is comfortable accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and enthusiastic about partnering with the business to deliver results. You should have an internal mindset to question the status quo, good analytical skills, and solid written and verbal communication skills. You would be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think innovatively and enjoy working in a ever-growing environment.
Key responsibilities but not limited to, would be:
· Build strategic plans to fulfil customer demand at the fastest, cheapest and in a cost efficient way.
·Collaborate with stakeholders outside the AMZL organization to understand their process and represent AMZL’s processes on behalf of the team.
· Provide recommendations to the country teams as in what changes in the system should be planned for, and how it should be planned for.
· Build intelligence and new tools and data to the country teams in order to facilitate for them the decision making process for the short, medium and long-term planning.
· Work with wider Amazon teams in order to give the AMZL business a long-term view planning into how the volume will grow and be optimized.
· Define last mile AMZL volume optimization plans working with local in country planning and operational teams.
· Work with EU stakeholders to understand and recommend execution to the plans and deep dive opportunities.
· Provide actionable insights into current delivery performance and improvements avenues.
· Support the expansion of the network, new locations from analyzing where we expand to how fast.
· Work with business teams to define requirements and high-level process/system solutions.
· Coordinate the timelines for all teams to support project launches.
- Masters in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Information Systems, Economics or related field.
· 2 + years of work in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational planning.
· Working knowledge of SQL / ETL and visualization tools like tableau.
· Extensive knowledge of excel.
· Experience in project management, handling multiple priorities, and working with varied stakeholders.
· 2+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational planning.
· An ability and interest to work in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
· Recent experience in project management, handling multiple priorities, and working with varied stakeholders.
· Customer focus and professional demeanour.
· A work ethic based on a desire to exceed expectations.
· Interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
If you need us to make any adjustments throughout the recruitment process due to a disability (including, but not limited to neurodiverse or mental health conditions), or any other health issue please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.