The Senior Staff Accountant will partner with the Global Payments Finance teams (based in the US) to support in launching, operationalizing and maintaining its payments infrastructure across entities, platforms and marketplaces. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced business at Amazon. The successful candidate will be strategic, analytical, and have a demonstrated ability to manage the financial responsibilities of a high-growth business. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in cross-functional teams, and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
The ideal candidate must have superior attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities. The position represents an exciting opportunity to be a part of an extremely dynamic and high -paced environment, support a global organization and work with accounting and business teams. The role offers significant opportunities for rapid growth and is a great place to learn about various businesses at Amazon.
· Work independently to manage projects and support Amazon's global business and development teams in the design and implementation of payment methods, new products and offerings.
· Provide project management update within and across business units to transition new processes and/or permanent solutions to support the Amazon accounting team.
· Coordinate with the global accounting teams to establish and maintain strong communication channels.
· Identify, implement, and adhere to best practices across all new project launches
· Offering and receiving coaching, support, and guidance to the team.
· Perform financial reporting and support monthly P&L analysis and financial forecasts
· Developing and reporting on Finance Business Integration (FBI) team performance metrics
· Supporting in User Acceptance Testing (UATs) in close co-ordination with business and accounting teams
· Assisting on measuring and reporting progress on key goals for the business in a timely manner
· Provide inputs for monthly and quarterly business reviews in a timely manner. Facilitate the business reviews with data analysis and follow through with business leaders on actionable items for improving business metrics over a period of time
· Long and short term financial planning
· Perform ad-hoc business analyses, and financial modeling. Present recommendations to senior management on strategic decisions, and planned future initiatives
· Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them
· Ensure appropriate financial policies, procedures, and internal controls are in place, documented, and operating as intended.
· Drive process improvements required to enhance controls.
· Actively participate in strategic initiatives and special projects when assigned or required.
Strong English language oral and written skills - Strong Project Management skills - PG with specialization in finance/accounting required - Fluency in Microsoft Excel - Advanced analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment - Strong financial analysis and financial modeling skills
CA/MBA degree is preferred - PMP certification preferred - SQL, Microsoft Access, VBA, Oracle Financials and Cognos is a plus -Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions - Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment - Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload - Ability to work in cross-functional teams - Customer focus and professional demeanor