Amazon’s Advertising Audience and Media Insights team is looking for a motivated and experienced Applied Scientist to deliver predictive models that will support actionable recommendations to optimize advertising campaigns. Our team owns the product, science, technology and deployment roadmap for advanced analytics and media planning products across our Insights and Performance Team. Analytics and media planning is core to Amazon’s growth, as it helps our suppliers drive awareness, consideration, and purchase of their products by hundreds of millions of consumers around the world, and generates revenue which helps us lower prices and invest in improvements to our customer experience. We are a highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
You will be counted on to help the expansion of our Media Insights Science program so our models enable our customers (i.e., advertisers) to achieve the best return on their advertising investment through recommending the best advertising package for their product. You are customer obsessed and have sharp business acumen to work side by side with Software Development Engineers and contribute to a roadmap that contributes to the success of our advertisers. You experiment, develop proof of concept, and ship software. You are an owner and are responsible for the day to day maintenance and evolution of systems that serve the needs of our large and growing base of advertisers. We are looking for contributors who can thrive in a startup environment, think big, can move fast, and wants to change the way customers use data to drive business success. If you excel at proposing and developing unique analytical insights and are passionate about creating the future, come join us as we work hard, have fun, and make history.
* Create new analytical products from conception to prototyping. Scale the product through to production
* Identify and mitigate risks, work within project schedules, and prepare status reports.
* Utilize Amazon's marketing measurement and data platforms to help our advertisers understand the impact of their marketing investments with Amazon
* Contribute in a variety of ways from developing scientific models to leading technical discussions, recruiting, helping to refine processes, and so on.
* Collaborate on product direction: You’ll build and maintain strong relationships between your team and partner disciplines (Product, Software Development, User Experience, QA) to ensure that we're focused on delivering the right product for customers.
* Pragmatic and iterative in developing models and building software: you have an ability to simplify and get things done quickly with a demonstrated track record of building and delivering software and working effectively with external and internal teams.
* Highly analytical and data-driven: You solve problems in ways that can be backed up with verifiable data. You focus on driving processes, tools, and statistical methods which support rational decision-making.
* Technically fearless: You aren't satisfied by performing 'as expected' and push the limits past conventional boundaries.
* Comfortable with ambiguity: You're able to explore new problem spaces with unique constraints and thus non-obvious solutions to deliver value to customers.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Statistics, Mathematics, or related discipline
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models and infra for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
· Experience in solving large scale optimization problems (e.g., linear programming, integer programming, convex optimization, etc)
· Experience with Big Data technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Lucene/SOLR or Storm/Samza
· Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to all levels of the organization
· Experience in computational advertising
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.