The Workforce Intelligence team applies data and insights to optimize the experience and operations for Amazon’s largest candidate population – Tier 1 Associates who bring the magic of Amazon’s industry-leading Customer Fulfillment experience to life. The pace at which job creation and hiring must happen to support the scale and complexity of Amazon businesses is a problem Amazon is uniquely qualified to solve for and continually innovate on. Workforce Staffing literally hires by the hundreds of thousands across multiple role times, job attributes, and for a range of business lines. The Market Intelligence team in particular focuses on applying population, market, and socioeconomic data on creating stronger job offerings and selecting the best locations for new facilities. Come join a team that is continually shaping and writing the future of the hourly worker job offering landscape.
As a Data Engineer for Workforce Intelligence, you will excel in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets that will become the core data set for research modeling and insights. You will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable ETL processes in the data warehouse platform to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data across various data sources, and use it to deliver the data as service which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making. You should have the ability to develop and tune SQL to provide optimized solutions to the business. You will work cross-functioning with business analysts, data scientists, research scientists, BI and other engineers to determine the best design for scale and maintenance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Building and migrating the complex ETL pipelines into Redshift cluster
- Optimizing the performance of business-critical queries and dealing with ETL job-related issues
- Gather and understand data requirements, work in the team to achieve high quality data ingestion and build systems that can process the data, transform the data
- Designing, implementing and supporting a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large data-sets
- Modeling data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
- Earn the trust of your customers by continuing to constantly obsess over their needs and helping them solve their problems by leveraging technology
- Manage business critical initiatives to enforce standard work and reduce waste
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field or 5+ years industry experience
· Demonstrated strength in modern data modeling, ETL development, data lake design and implmenetation, and data warehousing.
· Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc.
· Query performance tuning skills
· Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
· Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
· Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, etc.
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
· Experience with AWS
· A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.