Are you interested in driving exceptional security for customers? Do you have a passion for cutting-edge technologies? Do you see compliance as a business enabler? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly expanding its global presence and we are looking for a highly motivated Security and Compliance Business Development Specialist to join our Global Go-To-Market Team in AWS Security Specialized Sales. As part of the AWS Security Specialized Sales team, you will build the bridges between security, technology and compliance by working directly with our AWS service teams, infrastructure teams, security teams, Amazon corporate teams, systems integrators (SI's), and external compliance and regulatory authorities. You will join a dynamic team of industry-leading security professionals focused on supporting customers by ensuring that our services are designed, operated, and maintained in accordance with globally recognized industry standards.
You should be a technically experienced and innovative security, compliance, and audit professional who has the ability to understand IT processes, communicate effectively with customers, and be able to drive innovative process changes through multiple organizations and teams.
As a Principal Specialist for AWS Security, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the enterprise, SMB, and startup communities. Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets, and enabling the sales team to drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as key member of Identity and Security Specialist team, helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
· Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
· Set a strategic go-to-market plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
· Execute the strategic go-to-market plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
· Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
· Incubate the business pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
· Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, by making sure they have the technical resources required.
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
· Develop and evangelize best practices, patterns, and state-of-the-art techniques broadly within the AWS customer base.
· Understand and exploit the use of internal Amazon systems to analyze customer adoption patterns.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
· Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Auditing, Information Systems Management, Computer Science, Informatics, or other related fields.
· Minimum 4 years of experience in security or compliance consulting or advisory work in in support of a highly technical environment.
· Minimum 4 years of experience in performing and/or participating in technical assessments in direct support of a major compliance effort (e.g. SOC1, SOC 2, HITRUST, HIPAA, PCI, or ISO).
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
Experience in technical security design, compliance consulting, or advisory work in support of a highly technical environment.
· Solid technical background will some demonstrable understanding of cloud services/deployment architecture (ideally AWS cloud services offering).
· Experience with engaging teams who are building technology products or services and experience in working with engineering in defining technical requirements and seeing them through to development and release.
· Experience auditing cloud environments.
· Experience in IT program or project management, IT auditing, and/or control framework development and implementation.
· Experience building certification roadmaps based on customer requirements, compliance documentation, and ensuring that committed assessments are delivered on schedule.
· Experience in performing technical assessments and audits of network, operating systems, application security, and auditing IT processes.
· A detailed understanding of evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT controls and experience working with auditors/regulators for these types of assessments.
· Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
· Hands-on experience working successfully in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
· Strong bias for action with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.