AWS Elemental is an Amazon Web Services company that combines deep video expertise with the power and scale of the cloud, and we are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to join the MediaConnect team.
MediaConnect is a video ingest and distribution service that makes it easy for customers to deliver media into, around, and out of the AWS cloud. We are looking for sharp, accountable people to help us solve challenging problems and build new features that delight our customers.
In this role, you’ll join a collaborative team that is building new features and maintaining a service that enables customers to quickly and easily transport video directly to the cloud. This role requires quality programming skills and a passion for an outstanding customer experience.
As a member of this dynamic team, you will contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: research, planning, design, experimentation, implementation, and testing. You’ll dive deep, experiment rapidly, and get things done. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, love autonomy, know how to deliver, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions for challenging problems, this is the position for you!
Join us in developing solutions that give our customers the freedom to focus on what matters: transforming ideas into compelling content that captivates viewers.
What you’ll do:
· Write scalable, maintainable, performant, and resilient code
· Design, implement, and test new features from user stories
· Work on a small team of very smart and highly motivated engineers expanding and supporting an AWS service
· Work in an agile development environment, always working on the most important tasks first
· Learn a tremendous amount about modern media technologies
· Have fun in a challenging but rewarding environment
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or an Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
· Proficiency with Amazon Web Services or other cloud infrastructure technologies
· Good understanding with at least one of (Scala, Java, Python, C++ or Go)
· Good understanding of TCP/IP protocol architecture
· A passion for software development and distributed systems
· Media software development (protocols, DRM, compression, etc.)
· Containerization experience
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.