Amazon’s Indirect Tax Technology team is seeking a Senior Manager to deliver compelling solutions to our Global Indirect Tax function.
Managing sales, use and excise taxes in a multi-jurisdictional environment and value-added tax (VAT) in an international environment at Amazon’s scale is challenging. There is increasing demand for data transparency, auditability and accuracy as more governments around the world mandate electronic transactional data submissions.
Within Tax Technology, the Indirect Tax Technology team works with customers in the Indirect Tax Compliance and Audit teams. By partnering with Tax Technology, Finance Technology and other distributed technology organizations, we drive and implement solutions that enable i) data acquisition from multiple, disparate sources, ii) data enrichment with relevant tax information, iii) automation of reporting solutions, and iv) innovation of technology solutions.
The scope of the Senior Manager role within the Indirect Tax Technology team is to oversee a regional team of tax, program, and data analysts to drive the development of intuitive, scalable technology solutions and deliver complete, accurate and timely data to support indirect tax compliance and audit customers. We are a rapidly growing team in a dynamic space, so we are looking for candidates who are able to think big at a systems level, thrive in highly-distributed environments, exert influence without authority, and exercise excellent judgment and integrity around handling confidential information.
This role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Become an expert in the Tax Data Warehouse platform, including the architecture, systems, functionality, data and reports used by the indirect tax compliance and audit teams
· Partner with Indirect Tax Compliance and Audit customers to drive the Indirect Tax Technology planning and prioritization process to address emerging tax regulations
· Drive program management and timely delivery of tax technology projects and products
· Work with other regions across the Indirect Tax Technology team to identify, create and implement globally scalable processes and solutions
· Establish KPIs and metrics to measure team performance and progress towards key targets
· Evangelize and drive adoption of the TDW platform across the compliance and audit teams for key tax processes
· Build and maintain relationships with our tax customers and technology providers
· Grow the team through active recruiting and career development
· Bachelor’s degree
· 10+ years of experience in Information Technology, Tax, or Accounting
· 5+ years of experience building, developing and managing a team
· Previous experience with data modeling and large scale data warehouses
· Master’s degree in information technology, finance, or business
· Previous experience with indirect sales and use tax
· Experience working in a highly distributed technology environment
· Certifications in Project Management (PMP)
· Excellent critical thinking and attention to detail
· Excellent communication and ability to influence
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.