The AWS Center for Quantum Computing is a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers, and technicians, all working to innovate in quantum computing for the benefit of our customers.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to build solutions for enabling and automating quantum hardware research and development. You must be adaptable to shifting requirements in a research environment. You will define, develop, and test software solutions to enable the team’s experimental research. You must be comfortable working in an environment where non-software developers actively contribute to the code base, and be willing to provide mentorship during the software development process.
Responsibilities may include architecting database schemas and data storage solutions, building tools for the automation of experiments, development and maintenance of software applications for hardware development, and developing continuous integration pipelines involving internally-developed, open-source, and commercial software. Your solutions will be scalable and secure, and are intended to support hardware R&D.
At the AWS CQC, we understand that developing quantum computing technology is a marathon, not a sprint. Mental and physical wellness is encouraged within our team and throughout AWS. The work/life integration within Amazon encourages a culture where employees work hard and have ownership over their downtime. We are exploring more structured wellness elements including meditation scheduling, running group meet-ups, and a culture of sharing wellness tips.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member of the Center for Quantum Computing. You will receive career-growth-minded management and mentorship from a software and science team and also have the opportunity to participate in Amazon's mentorship programs. You will work closely with quantum research scientists and have opportunities to learn about quantum computing technology and contribute to the development of scientific software for quantum computing at AWS.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
The AWS CQC is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds to build a world class team. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with their peers. With quantum computing being a new and growing initiative within AWS, you would have an opportunity to make an impact on our budding team culture.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experienced with AWS tools and services for code development and data management solutions
· Expertise in Python scientific computing tools
· Familiar with Julia
· Familiar with software scripting for hardware interfaces (drivers, emulators, embedded applications/FPGAs)
· Have worked as a software engineer in a hardware R&D program
· Experience working closely with other engineers as well as scientists and technicians covering a wide range of technical skill levels