Want to shape the future of television through economic analysis, data science, and advanced analytics? We’ve got the shows people love to watch (Jack Ryan, The Expanse, The Boys) and the Emmy Awards love to honor (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Fleabag). You’ve got the skills to quantify the business-wide economic value of content, drivers of that value, arbitrage opportunities, and relationships and patterns between different shows to optimize global content investment and surface development opportunities.
We are looking for a customer-focused, business-oriented Economist for our Amazon Studio Data Science team. The department is growing quickly to provide more insights about our viewers and provide analytical solutions for the acquisition and retention of customers, revenue enhancement, and the delivery of a compelling consumer experience.
The goal of the role is to use the most effective econometric and causal attribution techniques to discover the kinds of differentiated and irreplaceable shows people value most, what they want more of, and how to fit a diverse portfolio of titles together to deliver a clear, compelling proposition that is greater than the sum of its parts. The analysis you conduct and algorithms you create will help drive and define the future of television for millions of customers globally.
· PhD in Economics or highly related field (Finance, Statistics, Math, Physics)
· 10+ years of experience in industry, consulting, government, or academic research
· Experience in applied economic analysis/causal inference and with big data and machine learning techniques
· Coding ability in a scripting language such as R, Python, Matlab, or STATA
· Experience with cloud computing (EMR, S3, EC2, Redshift) and big data tools (Spark, Hadoop, HDFS).
· Comfortable with open-ended problems. Be able to frame your own hypothesis, create meaningful metrics, and select the modeling approach.
· Thinks strategically, but also stays on top of tactical execution
· Effective verbal and written communications skills
· Exhibits high business judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Thinks big and has convictions