Amazon’s Human Resources (HR) Content team is seeking a Content Editor to support development and editing of content, including self-service online articles, e-mail communications, standard operating procedure (SOP) documents, and other worldwide communications. This role will be responsible for creating and managing content that's easy to find and use. HR Content Editors are the ‘voice of Amazon’ for our customers through the writing, publishing and maintaining of customer-facing and internal documentation.
The HR Global Content Team owns the Human Resources self-service strategy and ensures a consistent global user experience for all Amazon employees. We are a fun and diverse team with members in several different countries. We help to enable employee self-sufficiency by providing simple, intuitive tools with personalized content that can be accessed anywhere, by any device. Our goal is to empower employees to find answers to their questions, with additional support from Amazon’s Employee Resource Center (ERC) to answer specialized questions through a variety of contact channels designed to meet the preferences of our employees. We use a variety of data sources to better understand customer needs and partner with global shared service teams to design self-service solutions that leverage digital technologies (e.g. mobile, cloud, and analytics) to help HR create a world-class experience for employees.
You will be responsible for the editing, archiving and migration of content specific to HR. Your focus will be contributing to a critical content migration project using our style guide to create unparalleled global content. You must be able to prioritize under tight timelines and create certainty out of ambiguity.
You will work with global stakeholders to understand the business priorities necessary to ensure consistency of voice and communication quality across multiple content types. You must be a self-starter who is passionate about providing high-quality content, working in a technical, fast-paced environment, and innovating to create process and technical solutions to problems.
A successful candidate will be resourceful, customer-focused, and team-oriented. They will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines, and will have a proven track record in writing high-quality content.
· 2+ years of professional writing experience.
· Excellent writing and editing skills.
· Bachelor’s degree or advanced studies in Journalism, Professional Writing, English, Technical Writing, Communications, or similar field, or equivalent experience.
· Exceptional communication skills. Written and spoken proficiency in English language.
· Proven knowledge on Content Management Systems.
· Strong editorial background and exceptional skill in proofreading and creating, implementing, and ensuring adherence to style guides.
· Work experience in a global team environment.
· Experience in a multi-language publishing environment, including globalization for translation, terminology databases and management, and other world-ready approaches.
· Proven ability to work independently or in ambiguous circumstances.
· Good judgment and open communication.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple stakeholder needs in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience working in a cross-functional team.
· Demonstrated success at learning and explaining business processes.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.