Our mission is to make machine learning (ML) accessible to anyone, anywhere, anytime through education. We believe strongly that a practical knowledge of ML can be taught broadly, and is a key skill for many builders to learn. Come join Amazon’s Machine Learning University and help spread knowledge of ML!
MLU is looking for an innovative front-end engineer with UX design skills to own the design and implementation of educational experiences that demystify machine learning and empower builders to deliver those capabilities at scale. As a developer on the team, you’ll own code end-to-end from design, development, deployment, monitoring and operations. You’ll have a sound understanding of computer science fundamentals and practical experience developing complex applications. You’ll work closely with the rest of the development team to build distributed systems for our customers.
If you are passionate about democratizing AI, thrive in a start-up environment, and have fun solving complex technical problems with simple solutions, we would like to talk to you! The team is small and focused today, and will grow over the coming year. You’ll collaborate closely with research scientists, curriculum developers, product managers, and other SDE team members to help define the scope of the product, giving you plenty of opportunity to grow your skills and play to your strengths.
As a team, diversity, inclusion and equality are important to us. We seek diverse builders from all walks of life to join our team, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Design UX experiences that reduce the barriers to learning state of the art AI techniques.
· Build and maintain performant, responsive and delightful web features.
· Solve difficult software and UX problems that have some ambiguity.
· Follow established engineering best practices and define new best practices where required.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent work experience
· Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
· Strong UX design skills and familiarity with common UX patterns
· Experience rapidly prototyping and adjusting in response to feedback
· Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
· Experience with instrumenting software to collect metrics on user activity
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
· Understanding of machine learning techniques and concepts
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills