Join the team that launched Amazon Books, Amazon 4-star, and Amazon Pop Up! We’ve applied Amazon’s 20 plus years of online retailing experience to build stores that integrate the benefits of online and offline shopping. It is still Day One for our team, and we are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us make Amazon Stores places that customers love to shop. Do you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history? If so, this is the place for you. Do you like to own end-to-end business problems/metrics and directly impact our customer experience, the company's bottom-line and our global presence? If so, we want to talk to you.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Research Scientist with outstanding leadership skills to help us better understand and improve our stores. The candidate will be an expert in the disciplines of research science (e.g., operations research) and is comfortable facilitating ideation and working from concept through to execution. In this role, you will be responsible for using data analysis (e.g., statistical and machine learning models) to answer key business questions. You will present your analyses and recommendations to senior executives on a regular basis, and build strong relationships with partner and customer teams across Amazon.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Pose new questions and develop scientific research approaches to solve complex business problems.
- Design and build analytical models to measure, evaluate and quantify the impact of the business decisions over time.
- Serve as a data analytical expert to help answer key business questions across customer behavior, assortment and layout, labor and scheduling, and in-store customer experience.
- Obtain, clean, analyze, and select data to achieve goals. over time.
- Analyze complex datasets used to make decisions about real-world applications.
- Lead the design, development and evaluation of innovative models.
- Present analyses and recommendations to influence senior leadership, functional leaders and partner teams.
· Advanced degree in economics, statistics, operations research, mathematics, or other quantitative discipline, or equivalent experience.
· 3+ years of relevant professional, industry experience.
· 5+ years of ML and statistical modeling experience.
· Advanced knowledge of statistical software such as R or Python, as well as Excel and SQL.
· Experience presenting to senior business leaders.
· Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
· Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with customer and partner teams.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· PhD in operations research, statistics, machine learning, computer science, engineering, or related field
· 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
· Curiosity and willingness to learn about all aspects of our business.
· Track record of delivering actionable solutions which drive business decisions.
· Able to understand and translate business and product questions into analytics projects.
· Experience using AWS compute and storage tools.
· Product management experience.