Do you want to be at the forefront of building a global business from the ground up? Do you like to invent and Think Big to take an idea from concept to reality for Amazon customers? Come join the Amazon Accelerator team under Amazon Private Brands that enables manufacturers to create new brands exclusively for Amazon’s customers. We will create brands for products that span all categories and deliver great value to customers globally.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and highly motivated Sr. Product Manager to join the Accelerator team. This role encompasses working backwards from the customer to build scalable tools and processes that span across the lifecycle of the program, from program discoverability to selling partner recruitment experience to driving customer awareness of our brands. This role is pivotal to the evolution and success of one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon. If you’re inspired by a new challenge, the thought of contributing to a business in a significant way, this is the position for you. Strong understanding of data and demonstrated success in driving processes are required. The successful candidate must possess the ability to operate from a company-wide perspective and have a successful track record of driving cross-functional engagement and cross-business project development. You will accomplish this by applying data driven decisions, leading continuous process improvements, driving system and process automation with key internal teams, and maintaining a deep knowledge of the product line and its customers. You will be a thought leader by influencing others to take action through scalable systems and processes, rather than just addressing issues. The candidate will have proven experience delivering results by partnering with and influencing others. The individual will operate at all levels, strategic & tactical and integrate strong and clear analysis and business rationale into sound decision making.
The Sr. Product Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
· Influencing internal and external stakeholders to prioritize our needs in a world of multiple competing priorities.
· Document strategy/prioritization with supporting reasoning, user stories, critical decisions, and SOPs/training. Executive presence; present these documents across all levels of the organization.
· Identify opportunities to build solutions greater than the immediate problem. Understand the difference between what solution the team needs vs. what they say they want.
· Look across different perspectives and business needs, develop a solution that works, move forward. Be able to support your opinions with sound reasoning grounded in the business.
· Build plans with clear objectives, milestones, stakeholders, and metrics. Create centrally-accessible resources and project plans for all stakeholder groups to access to drive clarity across the organization.
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements by working backwards from the customer and partnering with BI and technical teams to scope programmatic solutions
· Own end to end strategy of your product roadmap, documentation, reporting and analysis of performance.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5-7 years of experience in product management, consulting, operations, finance, business development, and/or retail, with a history of building processes and systems while delivering results.
· Must possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
· Thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Quantitative analytical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Cross-functional project/program/product management skills
· Ability to prioritize, manage, and meet tight deadlines
· Strong numerical and analytical aptitude
· Strong proficiency in analytical tools including SQL and statistical software
· Ability to work remotely will global teams
· MBA preferred