Our team creates products that enable Amazon to hire millions of candidates worldwide. We build robust systems that support complex business processes, handling thousands of requests per second. We are forming a new team to build an end-to-end hiring solution in native AWS from the ground up. Our products will span across all phases of the hiring process, from job creation to the candidate's Day-1 experience.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, innovative Senior Technical Program Manager who thrives in dealing with ambiguity and is able to independently drive efforts to build a world-class hiring solution. This is a leadership position that requires a great deal of analytical, technical, and program management depth within and across technology organizations to help achieve our product vision.
You'll be responsible for driving cross-cutting technical solutions and plans across our product and tech teams. You'll work day to day with our engineering teams on technical solutions, plans, and develop success metrics. You'll also play a key role in defining the end-to-end product and technical vision.
This position involves regular communication with senior leadership on statuses, risks and change control, thought leadership, and a high degree of independence, ownership, and bias for action. Strong candidates will be able to understand and influence large-scale distributed services to drive technical solutions across multiple systems. You should have excellent communication skills, a drive for results, and a passion for building simple, elegant solutions and architecturally sound systems. You will have a unique opportunity to define our vision, product and turning a vision into a live product.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
· 8+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry
· 5+ years of technical engineering experience
· Experience in leading software development projects with aggressive schedules and managing deliverables from multiple teams
· Demonstrated ability to , build, and deliver complex, successful services and/or customer experiences efficiently
· Flair for solving complex business and technical problems independently
· Strong verbal and written communication, both upwards and downwards
· Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy and technical details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations
· Excellent analytical and deep dive skills
· MBA with Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related technical field
· Experience in managing the and development of distributed systems
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle and operations
· Interest in exploring emerging AWS technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.