Amazon Web Services (AWS) is obsessed with ensuring the success of our customers. To this end, AWS is building the industry’s best-trained sales force. As the number of AWS sellers and cloud services continues to expand rapidly, AWS is re-investing how to train and enable our sellers. AWS’s worldwide Enablement Training and Communication (ETC) organization is driving this transition by pioneering highly innovative, multi-modal enablement that is able to support our field’s diverse learning styles.
Are you interested in applying Econometric and Machine Learning techniques to solve business problems in the world’s most scientific oriented Training and Enablement organization? AWS is hiring an economist specializing in program evaluation / reduced form causal analysis to help estimate the impact of different training and enablement programs on our sellers' productivity and business outcomes. We will use these insights to optimize enablement strategy, content and modality, helping us build a more successful sales force and deliver better customers outcomes.
Job Locations: Seattle, WA, Dallas, TX, Boston, MA, Arlington, VA
· PhD in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Machine Learning, or Operations Research
· Three + years of experience in private sector or consulting
· Strong proficiency in at least one of the following statistical software packages: Stata, Matlab, R
· Strong background in econometrics (e.g., forecasting, time series, panel data, program evaluation, and/or high dimensional problems), probability and statistics, economic theory, and quantitative methods
· Strong empirical research track record in applied macroeconomics, econometrics, finance, labor economics, public economics, industrial organization, or a related field
· Proven experience with the design and development of machine learning solutions
· Demonstrated ability to design solutions to real world business questions.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills (e.g., ability to write and present narratives to different levels of leadership).
· Ability to work in a very fast-paced business environment
· Experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, C++, Ruby, and /or Big Data processing platforms such Hadoop, Map Reduce, Spark is a plus.
· Deep training in theoretical time series along with applied time series experience
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
· Experience with Enterprise Sales data (e.g., SFDC)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.