Work hard, have fun, and make history with Amazon’s legal team. We are looking for a smart, motivated individual to provide billing and other operational assistance to our global legal department and outside law firms and vendors. Responsibilities include legal billing support, onboarding new firms and vendors, verifying pricing arrangements, researching and resolving invoicing and payment issues, reviews to ensure compliance with billing requirements, submitting invoices to Accounts Payable, conducting trainings, data reporting and auditing, identifying opportunities for process improvement and simplification, and performing other tasks as needed.
A successful candidate will be able to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment, communicate clearly and effectively, manage high volumes of tasks and projects with little guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround, take effective action without knowing the whole picture, think creatively, exercise strong judgment, and be proactive in solving problems that affect customers. The candidate will also be customer-service oriented and have great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, strong organizational skills, and the ability to easily switch gears. A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as the ability to work well with people at all levels inside and outside the company, are essential.
· BA/BS degree
· 2+ years’ experience in an accounting, billing, finance, procurement, project management, customer service, or administrative role
· Legal billing or other legal operations experience in a large legal department or law firm
· Familiarity with Serengeti/Legal Tracker or similar enterprise legal e-billing software
· Familiarity with Oracle or similar enterprise financial systems
· Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint and Word
· Familiarity with data visualization software like Tableau
· Accounts payable knowledge is a plus but not required
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong customer service skills
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Experience managing high volumes of tasks and projects
· Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
· Desire and aptitude to learn new concepts, programs, and software on the job
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.