At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Echo or Fire TV. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. You will have an impact on Amazon's new devices and the way shopping is done in the area of IoT. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
As a Data Engineer you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments using latest set of toolsets. We help product teams at Alexa Shopping build the future of shopping by providing metrics on new features and help them perform A/B testing which will act as feedback loop for voice user experience. Our team is responsible for mission critical analytical reports and metrics that are viewed at the highest levels in the organization. We are also working on near real time analytics using Kinesis Firehose and using the latest set of tools for data visualization and investing in Big Data technologies. You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing applications. You should be able to work with business customers in a fast paced environment understanding the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
· 1+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· 3+ years experience with various Databases, Big Data Frameworks, ETL and data analysis tools
· Proficiency in any programming language; preferably Python or Java.
· Expert knowledge of SQL and of relational database systems and concepts
· Expert knowledge of Data Modelling for OLAP databases and large scale distributed data platforms
· Experience with ETL pipeline tools and code version control systems like Git
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Proficiency with Apache Spark / Elastic Map Reduce and with a general purpose programing language like Python, Java or Scala
· Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, AWS Glue, EMR, Kinesis, FireHose, Lambda, and IAM roles and permissions
· Experience building large-scale, high-throughput, 24x7 data systems
· Strong attention to detail and desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
· Experience applying statistical and machine learning models to large datasets
· Knowledge of batch and streaming data architectures like Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, Storm, Beam
· Familiarity with non-relational databases / data stores (object storage, document or key-value stores, graph databases, column-family databases)