Graduate Professional Services Consultant
Do you have a deep passion for utilizing technology to empower businesses? Are you passionate about collaborating with technology and business leaders to deliver cloud-based solutions?
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon and a leader in cloud computing, is seeking early career talent to join our AWS Professional Services Graduate Program. This is a unique opportunity for driven, self-starters to play a key role in a fast-growing business, and to deliver significant value to AWS customers of all sizes from startups to global brands. You will learn from top AWS subject matter experts and train for an exciting career in the tech industry.
We work with cutting-edge technologies supporting the largest and most innovative businesses, non-profits, and government agencies around the world. This is an unparalleled opportunity to begin your career path in a role helping AWS to transform the way the world uses technology to solve their business challenges. The skills and experiences you gain will lay foundation for the career of a lifetime.
In this role, you must possess the following:
· An affinity for the new and unknown. We are always experimenting with innovative concepts including cloud computing, application development, machine learning, and Internet of Things.
· Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises.
About Graduate Program
The AWS Professional Services Graduate Program is a 12-month program on our consulting teams. The program focus is to develop early-career talent and future leaders at Amazon. Start date is September 2021. The program consists of technical in-depth training, consulting training, and real-world projects with our enterprise customers, typically large multinationals, or public sector customers.
As Graduate Consultant, you will:
· Work as part of a team of experienced AWS consultants on-site at our customers and together with our customers’ business and IT specialists to help them achieve their desired business outcomes quickly
· Receive continuous mentoring and training to support your personal and professional development both in your field of specialty and beyond
· Teach and coach customer teams and external partners in how to best use AWS Services and other technology, thereby helping them make good technology decisions
· Innovate on behalf of our customers and contribute to team goals to exceed the quality standards of all deliverables
· Get certified on AWS Platform during the program through hands-on and on-the-job training
The program offers these specialty tracks: DevOps, Cloud Infrastructure Architect, Application Developer, Cloud Migrations, Big Data & Analytics, IoT, Data Science, and Security.
· Currently enrolled in or received a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) (or graduated less than twelve months ago)
· Experience with one of these: software engineering or development, networking fundamentals, security, databases (relational and/or NoSQL), data analytics, operating systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows), or Data Science concepts
· Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies
· Awareness of cloud technologies and AWS services such as EC2, ELB, RDS, VPC, Route53, Lambda, and S3
· Proficiency in English and/or one additional regional language (B2 or above)
· Entrepreneurial spirit as demonstrated in extracurricular activities
· Self-starter with hands-on mentality
· Knowledge of local business market, e.g. through internships, part-time work experience, or student body activities
Appendix of specialty descriptions:
DevOps Specialist - A specialist in building advanced computing systems that harness continuous integration/continuous deployment pipelines and utilize the strengths of cloud computing to build scalable and economical systems for clients.
Cloud Infrastructure Architect - A specialist in cloud-based networking and system rollouts. CIAs specialize in network performance, infrastructure provisioning, and building Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
Application Developer and Cloud Migrations - AppDev resources are specialists in designing applications that run natively in the cloud. They are experts in building programs that run on any number of platforms including virtualized instances, containers, or serverless architecture. They help our customer to migrate to AWS cloud platform quicker.
Big Data & Analytics - This role supports our teams that leverage data and produce business insights. The specialists in this area help our customers use and integrate data collection, IoT, data extraction, and analytics services in their data pipeline.
Data Scientist - Data Scientists use scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from data sets. They collaborate with Data Engineers and Machine Learning Ops Experts to deliver results for our customers.
Security Consultant - Within AWS, security is job zero. We believe that solid security practices are the foundation for using the Cloud. Security Consultants are trusted advisors and enablers for our customer to make their cloud implementations secure.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae
EU Student Programs Team