Prime Video is an industry leading, high-growth business and a critical driver of Amazon Prime subscriptions, which contribute to customer loyalty and lifetime value. Prime Video is a digital video streaming and download service that offers Amazon customers the ability to rent, purchase or subscribe to a huge catalog of videos. The Prime Video Economist team works on disruptive ideas in the Prime Video space.
We are looking for a truly innovative Applied Scientist to work on disruptive ideas within the Prime Video space. Examples of problem spaces you may be working on include video product pricing, ecosystem effects (how streaming affects rentals or purchases), and forecasting demand for new content on the platform. We also work on complex questions beyond video, for example how customers use and transition between Video and other digital products (e.g. Music or E-books/Audiobooks).
On our team you will work with a diverse scientific team including engineers and economists as well as other data scientist to build statistical models using world-class data systems and partner directly with the business to implement the solutions.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics or a related field
· Experience with data mining and analytics techniques
· Experience with various machine learning/statistical modeling data analysis tools and techniques (e.g. sklearn, tensorflow, or keras), and parameters that affect their performance
· Experience in programming in R, Python, Scala or similar languages and maintaining code repositories in git
· Experience with data visualization and presentation, turning complex analysis into insight
· PhD in Applied Math/Statistics/Econometrics
· Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills. Sophisticated user of statistical tools
· Experience collaborating with software development teams, data scientists, business intelligence or other technical roles
· Excellent communication
· Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic environment
· Experience with AWS features (S3, Redshift, Sagemaker)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.